Results 1 to 9 of 9
Plumbing & Plumbers Forum - Replacement Parts for Wirsbo (Uponor) 1 1/4" UFH Manifold
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chalked

Replacement Parts for Wirsbo (Uponor) 1 1/4" UFH Manifold

Discuss Replacement Parts for Wirsbo (Uponor) 1 1/4" UFH Manifold at UK Plumbers Forums; I have a Wirsbo (Uponor) underfloor heating system installed in my bungalow in 1999/2000 using two Wirsbo area packs. This was later upgraded by installing electric actuators and wireless thermostats ...
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Replacement Parts for Wirsbo (Uponor) 1 1/4" UFH Manifold

    I have a Wirsbo (Uponor) underfloor heating system installed in my bungalow in 1999/2000 using two Wirsbo area packs. This was later upgraded by installing electric actuators and wireless thermostats in each room. However I have noticed recently that two of the rooms are not getting warm although the thermostats are calling for heat. This appears to be because some of the valves are sticking when the actuators open.
    Replacement Parts for Wirsbo (Uponor) 1 1/4" UFH Manifold-zone-pack-manifold.jpgReplacement Parts for Wirsbo (Uponor) 1 1/4" UFH Manifold-manifold-valve.jpgReplacement Parts for Wirsbo (Uponor) 1 1/4" UFH Manifold-img_2233-large-.jpg

    After numerous enquiries to online UFH suppliers Wotjek confirmed that this is likely a TA 11/4” Manifold and that the manifold and parts are now obsolete. (Pictures of the manifold and valve for further information).
    I have spoken to Uponor technical services department and the chap I spoke to said the parts were obsolete and I would have to change the manifold. The problem I have (apart from the time of year to drain down the heating) is that the pipes coming up through the floor are only about 250mm long so there is not much movement or slack. If the centres of the replacement manifold are different then they won't line up. Also I suspect the new terminations are different meaning Ill have to cut 25-30mm off the pipes to put a new termination on.

    Do any of the tradesmen on this site know of anywhere that may have old stock? Even an old manifold sitting in someones garage or van with a number of the pin valves might help as I could remove them and see if they can be serviced.

    Also can you tell me if these valves contain a spring that opens the valve and against which the actuator works or does it reply on the pressure of the return flow to push the valves of the seat?

    I have tried gently lifting the pins with a pair of pliers but they don't appear to have any resistance and fall shut again. Either the springs have got weak or the rubber washers have stuck on the seat.

    Any information would be great fully received, either about the valves or where I might find some old stock

    Fozzie



  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,032
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 249 Times in 239 Posts

    Default Re: Replacement Parts for Wirsbo (Uponor) 1 1/4" UFH Manifold

    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
    Also can you tell me if these valves contain a spring that opens the valve and against which the actuator works or does it reply on the pressure of the return flow to push the valves of the seat?
    Looking at the picture of spares for the 1" manifold on page 4 if the 1 1/4 " is a similar design, I'd say no spring;

    https://issuu.com/ashford/docs/uponor_spares_2012

    However if the valve relies on flow pressure to open it, it may be the pipework is blocked under the floor and there is no flow.
    Could be a case of trying to blow out the relevant loop to clear it.

    Could you swop valve inserts between working and non working loops?

    Or try opening up the return adjustment for the non workers?
    Last edited by snowhead; 12-11-2016 at 06:57 PM.

  3. #3
    Plumbers Arms member
    Chalked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,928
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 465 Times in 453 Posts

    Default Re: Replacement Parts for Wirsbo (Uponor) 1 1/4" UFH Manifold

    Looking at your pics. I would say the heads are working , but the valve inserts are jammed.
    If you isolate the water and power for the manifold. You can then remove the inserts, clean them and grease. Do the same with the retire valves too.
    Uheat – Wojtek likes this.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,032
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 249 Times in 239 Posts

    Default Re: Replacement Parts for Wirsbo (Uponor) 1 1/4" UFH Manifold

    If it is the valve then, maybe long shot as the online stock isn't always correct but;

    Uponor wirsbo valve (for old 1 1/4" flow manifold) | Plumb Center

    Shows 1 in stock in Lincoln.
    Maybe others but ring any Plumbcenter and they'll tell you if there is stock available.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to snowhead For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    ** UKPF Sponsor **
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default Re: Replacement Parts for Wirsbo (Uponor) 1 1/4" UFH Manifold

    Hi Fozzie,

    You could try try to clean and grease them (as Chalked advised). The good sign is - they are not leaking.

    We sell the pin valves for similar WGF manifold which is similar but not the same and pin valves are different.

    We've had a customer years ago (old enginner) who ordered the one for WGF manifold, removed the existing one and took both of them into the pieces and made one pin valve from two.
    It took some time and he had to cut some of the parts but as he said - "I'm retired engineer and got plenty of time and patience to do it"

    New pin valves (for WGF manifold) have got a spring, I believe the ones for TA manifold would have a spring too.

    Pin valves for WGF manifold are here:
    Uponor Pin/Valve Replacement - WGF Manifold (09/12) - uHeat

    They are out of stock but I should have 15No of them today or tomorrow.

    I've just checked ebay if there's anyone who sells old Wirsbo manifolds and couldn't find anyone I'm afraid.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Uheat – Wojtek For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Replacement Parts for Wirsbo (Uponor) 1 1/4" UFH Manifold

    Quote Originally Posted by Chalked View Post
    Looking at your pics. I would say the heads are working , but the valve inserts are jammed.
    If you isolate the water and power for the manifold. You can then remove the inserts, clean them and grease. Do the same with the retire valves too.
    Thanks Chalked. It is my assumption that the valves are jammed. However I cannot remove them until I have at least one spare to put back in in-case it gets damaged on removal (rubber O Ring) etc. Thanks to Snowhead I may have found two on Plumb Centre. I have ordered them and will wait until they arrive before doing more.
    Fozzie

  9. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Replacement Parts for Wirsbo (Uponor) 1 1/4" UFH Manifold

    Quote Originally Posted by snowhead View Post
    If it is the valve then, maybe long shot as the online stock isn't always correct but;

    Uponor wirsbo valve (for old 1 1/4" flow manifold) | Plumb Center

    Shows 1 in stock in Lincoln.
    Maybe others but ring any Plumbcenter and they'll tell you if there is stock available.
    Thanks Snowhead. PlumbCentre had two one at Lincoln and also hopefully one at Weymouth. Hopefully they are the right ones as there was no image on the website. I have rung them and the sales team gave me the Uponor part number and I was able to search on that and it brought up images that look like the valves fitted to my manifolds. Fingers crossed but thanks again.
    Fozzie

  10. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Replacement Parts for Wirsbo (Uponor) 1 1/4" UFH Manifold

    Quote Originally Posted by Uheat – Wojtek View Post
    Hi Fozzie,

    You could try try to clean and grease them (as Chalked advised). The good sign is - they are not leaking.

    We sell the pin valves for similar WGF manifold which is similar but not the same and pin valves are different.

    We've had a customer years ago (old enginner) who ordered the one for WGF manifold, removed the existing one and took both of them into the pieces and made one pin valve from two.
    It took some time and he had to cut some of the parts but as he said - "I'm retired engineer and got plenty of time and patience to do it"

    New pin valves (for WGF manifold) have got a spring, I believe the ones for TA manifold would have a spring too.

    Pin valves for WGF manifold are here:
    Uponor Pin/Valve Replacement - WGF Manifold (09/12) - uHeat

    They are out of stock but I should have 15No of them today or tomorrow.

    I've just checked ebay if there's anyone who sells old Wirsbo manifolds and couldn't find anyone I'm afraid.
    Thanks Woktek, Plumbcentre gave me a Uponor part number of 1034386. Are you able to tell from your catalogues that this is the correct valve for the 1 1/4" manifold? I have also found some Swedish and Norweigen companies that list these valves but they don't ship to the UK. I am trying to find an old Wirsbo parts list with pictures and part numbers of the various elements. All I can find on line are some poor quality images here in Finish https://issuu.com/uponorfi/docs/vara...2b37194aeafdf7
    Fozzie

  11. #9
    ** UKPF Sponsor **
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default Re: Replacement Parts for Wirsbo (Uponor) 1 1/4" UFH Manifold

    Hi Fozzie,

    I'm glad you've managed to get the Uponor part number. I've never had one.
    I've checked the catalogue from the link you've sent me and it looks like a right product but you won't find out till you have one in front of you.

    Have you ordered any? Mytub.co.uk is showing the stock.
    https://www.mytub.co.uk/uponor-10343...product-545465

    If that will be the right product then it's a massive help to all people with same situation as yours.

    Thanks,

Everybody loves a good deal: Deals and Discounts on Dozens of Powertools!
Everybody loves a good deal: Deals and Discounts on Dozens of Powertools!

Similar Threads

  1. Replacement parts for an old tap
    By Edd Hewett in forum Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 21-01-2016, 03:28 PM
  2. Replacement parts for Flavel gas cooker.
    By JCplumb in forum Plumbing Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-10-2015, 08:30 PM
  3. Replacement Boiler parts
    By kankerot in forum Plumbing Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 04:19 AM
  4. Worcester Greenstar 30 Si plastic parts replacement ?
    By bert large in forum Central Heating Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-01-2011, 01:45 PM
  5. manifold parts
    By lukio_3 in forum Fittings & Pipes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-08-2010, 05:29 PM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

uponor wirsbo parrts and where to get them

Tags for this Thread


Try our Talk Electrician Forum and our popular Tilers Forums for more free advice from professional tradesmen.
Tens of thousands of tradesmen and over 2 million combined posts.


Plumbers Forums is a community-driven forum shared between all members.