Search the forum,

Discuss Zoning a WB Greenstar 28i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyBongo

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Need to zone a property with the above boiler, downstairs is currently controlled by a wireless prog/stat. Just wondering how to go about fitting zone valves in as the boiler is low voltage switch wires??

Any advice guys?

On the 2 port valve. Put the brown wire to one side of switched out on boiler. And the orange to the switch in

If its not an inbuilt wireless unit then just wire it exactly the same as you would a normal boiler, same sequence of switches. Not sure how an inbuilt wireless receiver would work though if thats what you currently have??

So the motor will operate with 24v?

No. You still have to have 240v controls. But don't put 240 to the 2 port. Use the output from wb to the brown on two port (usually 240 permant live) and then put the orange wire (output from 2 port) back to wb

The preferred way to wire in 2 x zone valves is to provide L N E to the boiler as normal.

Provide wiring to traditional style wiring centre as follows.

Out of Boiler LS = Live
Back to boiler LR = Switched live
Neutral NS = Neutral.
Earth E = E

Dont try and confuse matters by having internal wireless stat for downstairs circuit.

Hi there, i'm in the process of quoting for a full central heating system and will be quoting for a WB Greenstar 24i Junior. So I suppose i'm in the same scenario as this post. I'm still VERY confused on this zoning crap. Is there anything anywhere that shows how to install a system that meets these requirements? where do the zone valves go? will you end up with 2 sets of pipework running around ie upstairs and downstairs. To say they are already enforcing this, they have made one hell of a **** up in not telling people. The cowboys will undercut by not zoning and bugger up those who do jobs right.

This is something I need to get my head around too.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

What ya need is a separate flow and return up and down stairs to contol heating and then the wiring is easier to use no volt contacts to control any voltage be it 24 or 230

I have found a bit of information on zoning. A friend of mine pointed me to it. It's an article in the Registered Gas Engineer magazine that you get from gas safe, December issue. If anyone wants to send me there email and I will forward the PDF version of the mag that I have downloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zoning a WB Greenstar 28i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock