Search the forum,

Discuss Zoning a heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rippy

I have a customer that is looking a new boiler/burner put in.

The system has been in for 30 years. The system is a gravity fed system with a back boiler fitted to the fire. The back boiler heats the radiators and the cylinder when upto temperature and the oil fired boiler does the same.

He wants to know is it possible to have it that he can heat just the cylinder with the oil fired boiler (in the summer) but also have it that when the fire is on it will heat both radiators and cylinder.

Will a twin coiled cylinder do this if i was to bring new supplies from the oil boiler and take a new feed and vent off these pipes? Would i need to fit a motorised valve aswell to this circuit?

Any help/advice greatly appreciated

Thanks
Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zoning a heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock