Search the forum,

Discuss zoned heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

th3pony

I was looking at getting zoned heating in my house but my other half wil not have wireless control units is there any other way it can be done

Hard wired ones

Quickest chasing, plastering and decorating ever done.

I wish ha ha nothing gets past her, can you suggest a good system to get

get an engineer to check out what you have now to see what can be done

eh yeah what he said,
having a dyslexic moment

"why does the missus dislike wireless?"

Cos she does!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i like wireless................bras! :)

not on me i must add.

I was looking at getting zoned heating in my house but my other half wil not have wireless control units is there any other way it can be done

do you understand that the heating system will need a repipe? when its done run some cables at the same time.

two ports each with a separate timer could mean two ports in awkward places get her a tool kit and multimeter for her birthday think the shine will wear off her idea

ok back to question in point the rads are pipe upstairs one circuit and down another one, so is there a valve I can put on the pipes that can control either up or down and do they wire into boiler somehow

you don't wire back to the boiler you wire back to a terminal strip so you can include temp control and its easier to put two two ports as three ports tend to be priority or spring return

ok back to question in point the rads are pipe upstairs one circuit and down another one, so is there a valve I can put on the pipes that can control either up or down and do they wire into boiler somehow

2 x 2 port valves, room stats, timer and boiler all wired to junction box power'd by a double pole isolation point (sometimes through boiler first) pump either in boiler or external.

heating engineer or sparks needed, must be wired/tested/signed off by competent person.

are you sure the system is seperated? its not gravity upstairs?

Last edited:
yes we put pipes in ourselves so have 4 rad pipes 2 for downstairs rads 2 for upstairs. I'm a spark myself let me see if I've got this right the 2 x 2 port valves the room stat/timer and the boiler all connected up in jb

Last edited:
ok I'm pretty much there on this now it's a lot to get head around the wiring diagrams alone are headb spinner but not seen anything about this bypass valve what is it for

its to ensure min flow rate for boiler/pump is always available amoung other things. Some boilers may not require one, many do and its best practice really. When both motorised valves have shut closed or all trvs have closed for example the pump may still be running (pump overrun) and need some form of circulation.

because i like a challenge and i am trying to keep costs down, ive got all the electrics sorted in my head and sourced all the parts off ebay. 2 x 2 port valves, 1 x 10 way connector unit, 2 x room stats and 1 x 7 day 2 channel programmer. let me know if ive missed anything

because i like a challenge and i am trying to keep costs down, ive got all the electrics sorted in my head and sourced all the parts off ebay. 2 x 2 port valves, 1 x 10 way connector unit, 2 x room stats and 1 x 7 day 2 channel programmer. let me know if ive missed anything
mop and bucket:)

Which boiler do you have?

If it's a combi you will need a 3 channel timer (2 CH, 1 HW)

Have you thought about programmable thermostats instead of separate thermostats and programmers?

unless your house is over 150m2 you dont need timed control in both zones, although you may want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to zoned heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock