Search the forum,

Discuss Zone valve position indirect cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a heating system linked to indirect hot water cylinder (S plan plus underfloor heating zone, 1st floor heating zone and circs to hot water cylinder). Were the boiler would be in the garage and cylinder in the loft. Would it be best to have the zone valve on the flow to the cylinder in the garage by the boiler after the pump or up by the cylinder. Or does it not really matter.

keep all the controls next to each other if possible to do so so near boiler and pump is good, makes wiring and pipework easier really. if the flow and return to cylinder is a long run then lag the pipework ie. treat them as you would primarys.

Thanks so is it just personal preference? I can see the point of keeping the controls all together though.

Thanks so is it just personal preference? I can see the point of keeping the controls all together though.

Not just personal preference. Much easier to have pump controls zone valves and boiler next to each other to wire and plumb up. and easier in the future to identify the fault.

Not just personal preference. Much easier to have pump controls zone valves and boiler next to each other to wire and plumb up. and easier in the future to identify the fault.
Thanks even with the cylinder being so far away i.e in the loft and boiler in the garage?

Doesn't really matter as the size of the circuit will be the same, matters not where the valve is.

Also if you mark up all valves, then if there is a fault, will be easy to fault find if you are all next to boiler, and you don't need to be running up and down into loft.

don't forget 'bypass'... after pump but before zone valve
A bypass will be required for each zone if each zone has its own pump like a low loss header formation. But if there's just one pump just one bypass is required before the system splits off it its different zones. Is that correct?

LLH needs no bypass as it cycles through boiler. Zones off LLH when off don't require bypass unless zv is a flow temp controller and pump circulates by timer control.

why would you want more than 1 pump? the underfloor manifold should have its own and one the primaries with a bypass after the pump. sounds like your making this more complicated than it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zone valve position indirect cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock