Search the forum,

Discuss zone valve issues in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
all the water is and heating is getting hot all rads heat up they movied into the property recently and when they used the boiler to get hot water the rads started heating up

all the water is and heating is getting hot all rads heat up they movied into the property recently and when they used the boiler to get hot water the rads started heating up

Why did you wait until post 36 to mention this :banghead:

No surprises! No need to rip it all out, get rid of the muppet box, bell each wire through so u know where each one goes and connect it up properly. Be a sparks fault!

I would bet as this is a new propery the fault is wiring and has been there all the time.
Like others have said check that grey is live with the mains on and when calling for heat the brown becomes live. Also check the brown does not become live when other valves are calling. This would indicate a back feed.
a picture inside the junction box would be helpfull

Your must have a brilliant mind as think alike?

Brown wire on the zone valve is prob on permanent live when it should be grey

ok gonna head back there and re look at the wiring in a couple days il check the grey wire and brown wires as suggested and il take some more photos hopefully its acase of swapping some of the wires around

by that i take it you mean put a normal wiring centre in

Don't like wiring centres with circuit boards / set out. Best ones in my mind are two gang back box with cover plate and a chock block inside.

oh i know yes i agree much simpler.... gonna check the valve wiring first before i consider that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to zone valve issues in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock