Search the forum,

Discuss Zone Heating Please Help ? in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jayz

Dear Experts,

I have been looking at the possibility of adding zone-wise central heating to my home. Currently we have an Ideal Logic Plus 24 boiler controlled by a 10 year old Drayton wired controller and a basic wired thermostat. My current Drayton controller can separately control central heating and hot water separately on a 5+2 basis for each day of the week.

The MAX! system seem to be one of the cheaper ones out there for zone heating but it seems it can only start or stop the entire boiler using the MAX! switched power socket (the forum is not allowing me to post a link to the MAX! system)

Can someone recommend a safe solution to interface the MAX! remote system with a wired controller or an alternative where I can fully program how water and central heating cycles using the MAX!?

I am not a professional so ideally, it would need to be a solution that does not involve re-wiring through the walls etc.

Kind Regards,
Jay

Thanks for replying, It is not the Maxiswitch range.

I am still prevented from posting a URL but If you do a google for "Max Zone Heating" it should be the first result.

Hi PhoenixServices,

Yes that's the one although the Rasberry Pi bit is not required. The MAX! system is supposed to be self contained.

I have looked a several similar systems all the way up to the expensive Honeywell Evohome system but fundamentally, all these systems have no direct connection to boiler so I cannot figure out a way to integrate full control into a new zone heating system.

Also, anyone know why I am prevented from posting URLs, is it because I am a new member?

Why not just use a wifi heating controller? Like Salus it500

Thanks for the suggestion, can the IT500RX receiver control both hot water and heating? I could not find that information? Alternatively, can we keep the current controller and have the Salus it500 in parallel. That way maybe I can manually switch off Central Heating control from current controller and use the Salus IT500 to do that.

Yes, the IT500 will do hot water and a heating zone.
If you have 2 zones of heating you can add in a secondary unit to control that too.

Don't make it more complicated than you need to, you will regret it in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zone Heating Please Help ? in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock