• Replies 1
  • Views 3K

Discuss Zilmet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

karyn254

Hi

I have had a few problems with my Zilmet Water Heater and Expansion Cylinder, Firstly we cannot seem to have Central Heating and Hot Water on together as the whole boiler shuts down and has to be reset on the boiler :-(

Water was leaking from the pressure release on the Main Tank and I also noticed water dripping off the Expansion Cylinder too, it now has a bucket permantley in situe as water seems to be coming from the seal and through the screws.

Our plumber came and put in a new valve and for a few weeks this solved the problem, Now our heating and water cannot be used together one or the other and water is now dripping again from the pressure release valve, He seems to think that the TLSC/A Automatic Reset on the Main Tank could be faulty and is saying that the water in the tank is too hot therefore the safety cut out is coming on. He has told me we should try this next.

Does anyone on here agree to this been changed bearing in mind the temperature on the tank is at 45 degrees.

I would like to replace the Expansion Cylinder too but not sure if I need to buy a Zilmet one on would any other make do ???

I would also like to say that the bracket the small tank comes with is no way strong enough and the tank did fall off the wall hence this is why it now leaks.

Any advice would be great as I seem to be going around in circles.

You REALLY REALLY need a G3 qualified engineer in to look at your system. Zilmet only make expansion vessels. Get these bad boys wrong and they WILL take the side of your house off.

Please post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zilmet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my 20-year-old unvented cylinder (an Ariston Classico HE STD 150) 5 days ago and I hadn't noticed that it was leaking. He fixed the leak today but now the...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot water to our plastic header tank in the loft every time we turned the heating on. We first noticed an issue with a leak in our bedroom ceiling which we...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently using a Grundfos Booster Pump. This pump is fed by 2pcs of 1,000 liters water tank. Normally the pump would stop working only when there is no water in the water tank. But, recently for the past week, in the middle of the night, the pump would stop working even though the...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock