Search the forum,

Discuss your views in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

been to a bungalow last week to do a fire and boiler service. The gas meter was at the back of the house and the boiler a 24 kw heat only boiler at the front.the gas meter was one sunken in a ground box and the 22mm pipe come out of the box and then into the house wall 6" away.before entering the house there was a tee then a 22mm pipe with a lever valve and a copper to yellow gas pipe adaptor to yellow plastic gas pipe which went into the ground and exited at front of the house and converted back to copper to feed the boiler . never thought about taking this route to gat a feed from one side of house to the other is it a correct way ? i would have taken into loft in copper .

ant

Why not? As long as the MDPE is fitted to standard with the correct ground coverage.

been to a bungalow last week to do a fire and boiler service. The gas meter was at the back of the house and the boiler a 24 kw heat only boiler at the front.the gas meter was one sunken in a ground box and the 22mm pipe come out of the box and then into the house wall 6" away.before entering the house there was a tee then a 22mm pipe with a lever valve and a copper to yellow gas pipe adaptor to yellow plastic gas pipe which went into the ground and exited at front of the house and converted back to copper to feed the boiler . never thought about taking this route to gat a feed from one side of house to the other is it a correct way ? i would have taken into loft in copper .

ant

Any pipe inside a house has to have a certain fire resistance. Are you saying that there was plastic above floorboard level/inside the house Ant? I'd have thought that a No No!!

Any pipe inside a house has to have a certain fire resistance. Are you saying that there was plastic above floorboard level/inside the house Ant? I'd have thought that a No No!!

mdpe externaly copper exited gas box the copper tee with 3inch of copper connected to mdpe which went into ground and rose at front of property and then converted back to copper to enter house - my issue was the mdpe could be damaged as its external on show no cover like the mains gas inlet

ant

I've never worked with it or installed it. Like yourself I'd be concerned about the exposed pipe being vulnerable! I'd be considering one of those armoured plates around it but don't know if its a must have Ant?

Pe pipe should be covered, you can buy a pre-formed black sweeping elbow to protect it

the mdpe pipework needs to be covered up with a fibreglass sleeve normally for UV and fire protection i believe.

If this is being done it is easier to swap back from PE to suitably protected copper or iron and rise above ground with that.

Definitely no exposed PE above ground. AR and Riddor reportable to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to your views in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock