Search the forum,

Discuss Your views please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dannyparty92

Hello everyone. Done my first cylinder this week and would just like to ask you all for your opinions on it I don't mind good or bad I will take it as constructive criticism :).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 216
why put a valve on the hw feed out? just isolate the cold in surely.

pull a few more bends and save on copper and fittings.

might want to consider the next one in replacing the 2 way valves, vert one bit tight?

D2 off tundish, why not drop further and save an elbow and it will drain quicker as well

is that a munsen ring and mount pushing back onto the cyl on your balanced cw drop, not to good

tidy for first effort, could do it cheaper though, copper costs remember

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a pre plumbed one the pump and valves including bypass is already plumbed in just have to connect ( cheating a little I know ) hence the Munsen clip I would never drilled into a cylinder :s. yeah I should have used more pulled bends but I think elbows look neater. and just incase needed to isolate the hot without disrupting the cold supply. but thanks for your advice :)

looks good to me.

i would try and use bends on the discharge to help avoid the tundish overflowing, but they always seem to no matter what.
i would not fit the lever valve on the hot unless really needed, the one on the cold will isolate the hot and you will have local isolators at your fixtures.
dont forget it all needs lagging

maybe too many clips?? but its new build so they will all fall off anyway LOL.

well done!! :)

Last edited:
Bends look far more professional and are better for the flow of whatever they contain. Expecially on discharge pipework and gas runs. When you next pull out old copper keep it and practice bending on it and then scrap it. Overall good first bash!

tidy work.

looks vgood but can you still get too the two way valve at the side or is it blocked by the horizontal two way just asking?? looks tight probbs just me
deffo more bends thay look goood better flow and just less chances of a joint failing???

looks good to me.

i would try and use bends on the discharge to help avoid the tundish overflowing, but they always seem to no matter what.
i would not fit the lever valve on the hot unless really needed, the one on the cold will isolate the hot and you will have local isolators at your fixtures.
dont forget it all needs lagging

maybe too many clips?? but its new build so they will all fall off anyway LOL.

well done!! :)

I always chuck a lever valve on the hot so that I can isolate it and leave the balanced cold working. Customers like to have separate isolators for hot and cold,

Dont forget insulation I presume now its finished you have notified labc

Thank you all for your very positive comments :) yeah clips are on curly plasterboard fixings so rubbish and the vessels are toggled fixed aswell as curly fixings.

Looks good to me, clips must have been on special :)

We were told on our course we still had to notify labc 48 hours prior of our intention to install.

We were told we had to notify after completion. It also includes vented cylinders as well.

Looks ok to me.
whats the price difference between pre-plumbed and not ?
Once you've got all your stuff out I can't see it would take much longer to do it all yourself.

How do you know you have never done so if you cannot remember ? What sort of logic is that ??

Because all I have ever done on g3 work is fit them in new houses/convertions, and they are covered by building regs based on plans, no need to notify and down my way if you replace an unvented with an unvented they dont want notifying of the change I havent ever had to do a notification, simples really

Unless you are a member of a competent persons scheme all unvented's need notifying.
In reality very few are.

Looks ok to me.
whats the price difference between pre-plumbed and not ?
Once you've got all your stuff out I can't see it would take much longer to do it all yourself.

I personally will never get a preplumb cylinder ..... They are a lot more expensive

prefer fittiing cheaper cyls and working the valve position to give good access etc and keeping everything tight and tidy.

Its ok for your first one but quite a bit of your pipework needs straightening up. Whoever did the first fix should of brought the pipes up in better positions, looks much tidier and i wouldn't personally use toggle bolts to support the vessels but you've done a good job for your first one.

We could find faults with every install if we looked, even our own.
It is better than most.

Thanks everyone for your positive comments. So what could I use instead of toggle fixings for the Expansion vessels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Your views please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock