Search the forum,

Discuss your thoughts on this issue.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

w1nxn

fitted bathroom for a local tiler 18 months ago, was an awful job loads of nightmarish problems but job got done (eventually).

had a call from him yesterday saying the customer rang him complaining that cieling has fell through in kitchen below bathroom, they've had Dynorod out to investigate the problem and apparently they have came to the conclusion it was due to an issue with the plumbing that was done by myself. now im not a nasty guy, but, having given a 12 month garuantee on completion of the job (18 months ago) surely as this has now expired then it is the customers issue. ive told the tiler i'll ring the customer tommorrow but as to what i can say to them im a little stuck.

your thoughts will be appreciated as this is the first issue ive had with possible insurance claim against me since starting on my own.

I very much doubt that dyno rod are in a competent position to place any blame on anybody, you have got to go and see yourself what the problem / cause of this really is

If you gauranteed it for twelve months and its been 18 ....well that is a long time ago. Was anything in writing? There is no way the insurance would pay out. Be nice and just tell them it is outside the 12 months. Do you have any terms and conditions? :)

Hmm! Its still tricky this issue about guarantees. I know regarding goods and it may include services there isn't really a 12 month guarantee. Its more in a "reasonable" time.

Things like washing machines although given a 12 month guarantee are in point expected to last up to about 5 years, and you can claim even though its over 12 months. The local trading standards office will put you right if you ask them.

The thing is, is the fault yours or something you fitted, which may be a manufacturers fault not yours?

But you would have to inspect to find out.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont get involved with the court, you will find out that regardless of your 12 months gaurentee ,you are liable for bad workmanship,design,and materials supplied by yourself as a contractor for 6 years.

you should at least get the chance to view it and be told why they beleive its your problem

Your 12 month guarantee means nothing in relation to the sale of goods act so dont throw that in as a defense

always last to get the call ,then you end up on the firing line.
so much for any further work from the client .
if it was me the first call is the plumber/tiler,not big bucks dynamo/rod

if the ceiling went in, why the hell did they call dyno-rod?.
are you sure they did not encounter a blockage and they blew of a waste connection or something?.

thanks for the thoughts and advice guys

ringing tommorrow to find out the crack, but as for them ringing dyno rod it does seem a little suspect doesnt it. will let you know whats happening cheers.

yep... you need more info. why didnt they contact the tiler?
Do dyno rod do ceilings? Very strange.
good luck mate

was it dino rod or dino plumb ?? ask for copy of their report.ask tiler what he has been told,ask customer to put in writing why they feel it is your fault,admit nothing until you have everything in writing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to your thoughts on this issue.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock