Search the forum,

Discuss Your opinions please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
good luck m8,wasnt being funny, just trying to be helpful.

Cheers Metaldust9. According to Royal mail track and trace, he has not yet received the recorded delivery formal letter that`s been sent so I don`t know how he intends to proceed yet. Hopefully, he will be fair and reasonable and make an effort to rectify things.

regarding the siliconing of basins to the wall, we have all had to do it on a couple of occaisions i'm sure!
i always drill holes and try and get a proper fixing but sometimes if the wall crumbles i can only get one to bite so i will use silicone in addition to the one good fixing.

as someone mentioned above, silicone alone can provide a pretty decent fixing however after looking at the pictures of this particular installation the basin does not sit on the ped flush, rather it is fitted at a bad angle, so i would be concerned about any force from say leaning on it may lever the seal from the wall and/or crack the ped.

my advice would be to correct this asap.

KJ

yes i cant view pics either however today ive been to a house where the romanian plumber has put the wast into the rainwater drain and the hot tap was conected to the heating pipework

Hi, hopefully, things are due to be resolved. I`ve had to confront him with pictures of the work and stress my intent to pursue the matter in court but I now have it in writing that he is going to accept liability for the work, and he is sending another plumber to rectify the work on 24th January. I`ve stressed what needs doing, and hopefully things will be put right. I think that being confronted with pictures has made him realise that there`s no excuse for that standard of work. I will post on the outcome of this next week. Phil.

Hi Phil

I would realy love to have a look at this work, but the site wont allow me access.Can you let me know how I can get on
Regards

Plumbob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Your opinions please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock