Search the forum,

Discuss your local plumbers merchant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

just thought of an idea! what with screwfix, plumbcenter etc taking over...

who is your local 'proper plumbers merchant' i mean, those who stock absolutely everything from boilers, drainage to tap valves and coloured suites and deliver by barrow?.

when you next visit, take a photo on here to see who has the most 'traditional' merchant so we can see how many are left.

plumbase for most kit but some stuff in plumbfix can be bought much cheaper

plumbase dont count, i am on about non branch type, the 'lone merchants'.

Drakes plumbing supplies in Tunbridge Wells. Very helpful fellas. Paul is particularly knowledgeable and very fair when pricing. Should add that this is Dan Evans, Prestige Plumbing here, singing your praises. So please discount me more when you read this!!!

Drakes do have a few centers, about 7 or 8, but not national. So in my opinion a good local business. I use Screwfix for other stuff, like screws, dust masks etc, as they’re practically next door to Drakes.
However I stick to Drakes for my plumbing supplies, as I think the service they offer is second to none. If you are in the local area and want a good service, go to Drakes. Paul, young John, Mitch or Ben will serve you. They all know their stuff.

There, I’ve spoke up for my local merchants!

well i also use heating world of spares they can get anything the owners a ex fitter so knows the score,they can gets anything from parts to boilers and are very helpful edit> not local to me though mail order

Last edited by a moderator:
well i also use heating world of spares they can get anything the owners a ex fitter so knows the score,they can gets anything from parts to boilers and are very helpful edit> not local to me though mail order

Luckily 20 mins in the van from me, spot on. Other than that in the town I'm afraid it's build center (soon to be jewsons) or S & A, but they do a disappearing act as soon as you walk through the door.

Only 1 old school merchants left by me called Plumbing World, they are on the net and very reasonable, but I have City plumbing (preffered), PTS, Plumb Centre, Screw Fix, BQ, Wickes all within 10 mins drive.

Chalk Plumbing in Gravesend are excellent. Good stock, rapid ordering service, and very knowledgeable and helpful staff, for both plumbers and DIYers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to your local plumbers merchant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock