Search the forum,

Discuss Young plumber of the year. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes buy price may be good,but spares.........got to look at long term,if like me you offer service contracts but i understand you cant really comment much on the pros and cons i did once consider going over to alpha not impressed when the rep did not return my call went over to potterton performas and baxi duotecs haven't looked back

Where about are you from? Can you remember who it was?

Its hard with the market how it is and most manufacturers will not make a lot of money on boilers if any....and spares will be the area where they can re coup costs. They are doing meg warrantys now so all parts will be covered.

They have a boiler with a 10 year warranty but it has to be serviced every year......so you could set up that with the customer and then if it did go down the parts would be covered....

maesteg,south Wales about 10 miles from Bridgend were your competitor came from,cant remember the reps name it was 5 years ago

I think that was a hour....

You must know Mr Stacey then?

Not to sure, my boss mentioned something to me the otherday that I'm off on the training course in the new year.

I'll ask him tomorrow, I hope it happens because repairing boilers/heating is so much more satisfying than installation.

hiya all

Would just like to say thanks for all your nice comments about the show, it was very hard and cut in such a way to portray us all differnt to the way we normally act/work

I really enjoyed the competition and wish you call all see the way i really have to work with realistic time scales and real jobs (ive never gone to someones house and found the basin plumbing in the wrong way round, that appeared as an overnight fault lol

simon johns

Great to hear from another contestant!! Well done in getting to that final and hope you enjoy the chatter here.

Hi Simon

Welcome to the forums :)

I am entering the old,worn out kneed,scared,arthritic , knackered plumber of the year award,next time round,if I remember :confused::eek:

Good luck to you !!

Hi Simon

Welcome to the forums :)

I am entering the old,worn out kneed,scared,arthritic , knackered plumber of the year award,next time round,if I remember :confused::eek:

Good luck to you !!

will it be like who can make the quickest zimmer frame out of 22mm LOL

Quickest zimmer frame - isn't that an oxymoron? A bit like a European Rapid Reaction Force ... :)

Well done to Aimee and Simon!.. takes some courage showing your skills in front of many cameras! :) , but as for the two top dogs i'm sure they know there plumbing & Heating really well..

But there just soo stuck up it's unreal! Maybe they should enter the worlds best Plumbing and Heating tycoons competition! LOL!

hiya all

Would just like to say thanks for all your nice comments about the show, it was very hard and cut in such a way to portray us all differnt to the way we normally act/work

I really enjoyed the competition and wish you call all see the way i really have to work with realistic time scales and real jobs (ive never gone to someones house and found the basin plumbing in the wrong way round, that appeared as an overnight fault lol

simon johns

Haha classic , I now check all bottle traps for golden wedding rings too! lol

I think that was a hour....

You must know Mr Stacey then?

Yeah it is Rich Stacey he knows, my boss was saying that you are in the process of building/moving into a new training centre for the new year?

Hope it happens soon, so I can get off site! :)

Haha classic , I now check all bottle traps for golden wedding rings too! lol

Would not bother,when I was serving me time,we used to look after schools and I used to volunteer to clean the drain gullies out in the play ground,thinking would find loads of change and stuff dropped down there,got me hand down there,cleared them all out,never ever found a thing,not a bean :(

Did make me stop biting me nails for a while though !!Well maybe had a nibble just to build up my resistance:D

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont check traps they are normally full of smelly stuff strait in the bin if his dopey wife has some how got a ring past the basin fitting its her problem,unless i have been called in specifically to find the wedding ring ,which i would refuse as we have dave the app for the mucky jobs,and it would take him 2 hours to work out which ones the basin LOL

i'm watching 'young fishmonger of the year' on now

those fishy smells bring back memories when i was 17:eek:

I'd to trade the first wife in as she was so lazy i couldn't get a pee in the sink for dirty dishes:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Young plumber of the year. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Here are some similar plumbing topics

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock