Search the forum,

Discuss Young plumber of the year. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also noticed the expression React Fast - company I trained at and probably a name dropping ...

Thought how time change,in my day you would have had to bend the pipe round into each clip,using all those elbow would of be frowned upon

I mentioned that today in the merchants and a lad said 'what's the point of that,would be easy to bend plastic pipe round'...never entered his head,we were talking using bending copper :(:(

As for snots,they barley had a cold,I must have man flue

Don't under stand the tasks either,
hot and cold wrong way round,just change tap disc,s over,
blocked sink,half a bottle of one shot,blocked loo,get jetter in for ÂŁ5000
no hot in shower coz hot blocked,fit electric shower...sorted
....come's with experience though in all fairness :)

As for end project,way put so much effort and thought into it,looked like one of my bog standard heating installations ,half way through commissioning to me,no big deal

imho

you have made me spit coffee everywhere well done puddle LOL

SEEN IT ON I PLAYER LAST NIGHT DID YOU SEE THE LOOK ON THAT BIRDS FACE when she lost the centre screw on the pump in the house,the bloke with a big nose from Bridgend said to her you cant even fix this boiler CLASSIC if looks could kill TFT cant i would be dead by now;);)

my misiss used too work for kent high performance pipers of maidstone (alfa romeo) mechanic so why cant women be a plumber and not get judged for it
bus drivers mans job no
army mans job no
lorry drivers mans job no
plasterer mans job no im a pig

not one of them are really the best young plumber in britain. I have seen better myself

Hello...my names is Aimee and i competed in the competition

I have just been reading some of the comments, which i find interesting. Just to give you an idea the BBC filmed us all probabily for a total of 6 day and had to cut it down into an hour episode....so they put in the bits they think are good. There was a lot of bits they cut out e.g after the first task we pressure tested the pipe....the second challenge had a lot more faults on it .....and the third we were asked a lot more questions.

There is only so much the BBC cOULD do to make plumbing into a show and make it interesting. Im glad i did it because i met some great people and we had a great time. Charlie, Dean and Simon were great and we all at least entered and gave it ago.

Sorry to those who found it dissapointing....

welcome to the forums aimee,so are you gsr or a plumber or both?

i also watched it. it was a total let down in end only really one task to do with plumbing. i know that had to do the pipework around grid (which she burnt it) but doing a water fountain (bit of a joke)
bloke should of won

eh she is posting show some decorum,and IMHO the bored was easy to torch

Hi thanks.....i am Gas Safe so both really.......

Thanks as well that she is me......

dkia frantically skimming back through the posts to see what nasty comments he needs to edit out ...:eek::eek::eek:

Hi Aimee

Thank you for looking in on us and many congratulations on winning. It was fun watching the programme and I suppose many of us were hoping for other things. That's not necessarily what the programme makers were doing as their job is to provide entertainment, which is rather different than providing a neat bathroom or fixing some faulty heating.

i had worked that one out mkflow on the other hand...........LOL

im going to defend myself but i would like to see anyone to do there day to day tasks in a studio with 8 cameras in your faces. We were all shaking like leaves and we did not have enough time so i had to rush at the end....in a normal situation you would use a burn mat in a tight place....

Hi Aimee, you can come and work for me anyday, and well done with the win.

I would of much rather of had some nice bathrooms to do or a faulty boiler......i was speaking to Charlie in the week at PHEX and we said it is interesting how you are portrayed on tv.....the way it was showed etc. It kind of made us all look like novices and we are not at all. Charlie was a great guy with loads of skill and knowledge.

when you dropped the pump screw hilarious because we have all done that wondering where the hell as it gone in a dark cubored in most cases and sods law strait trough the floor boards lol

when you dropped the pump screw hilarious because we have all done that wondering where the hell as it gone in a dark cubored in most cases and sods law strait trough the floor boards lol

OMG that was terrible... i dropped it in the bucket of hot water and had to swap it over and let the boys get it out!

so what boilers do you prefer working on and how experienced are you ?(with boilers ,yes i am psychic i know what you dirty b,stards are thinking)

hi aimee
what was charlie like in person.
also that bloke you were in final works around brentwood away as show him in pts in romford other day

so what boilers do you prefer working on and how experienced are you ?(with boilers ,yes i am psychic i know what you dirty b,stards are thinking)

Well i did 6 yes in the industry mainly on industrial and commercial...i then did some air con. I now work for Alpha Boilers.... so i have to say Alpha because i know them inside and out

hi aimee
what was charlie like in person.
also that bloke you were in final works around brentwood away as show him in pts in romford other day

Charlie was great, really down to earth. I saw him last week at PHEX and we all went out in the evening!

Glad to hear you could give some inside info on the tasks :). What other faults did you have in the bathroom installation?

I hope you gave that guy from Wales some stick after the comments he made!

Congrats btw.

Well i did 6 yes in the industry mainly on industrial and commercial...i then did some air con. I now work for Alpha Boilers.... so i have to say Alpha because i know them inside and out

ahh,alphas good boilers but not one of my favourites as a example the expansion vessel on the cd is twice the cost of a baxi 105 and if you cant fit a external for cosmetic reasons not a nice price,expensive spares

Glad to hear you could give some inside info on the tasks :). What other faults did you have in the bathroom installation?

I hope you gave that guy from Wales some stick after the comments he made!

Congrats btw.

Thanks

shower hose was too long and went into tray....cistern was leaking on toilet on cw inlet and from syphon.....double check valve was in the wrong way... my trap washer was snapped too ...i think Charlie had a leak on his basin waste too

oh yeah that bloke from wales. i totally forgot about him! he was the one that gave it the big one straight way and his solidering was sxxx!
bet that well pxxxxxd ya off when he was slagging ya off.
when ya won the prize did ya get a nice bug cheque from charlie?

ahh,alphas good boilers but not one of my favourites as a example the expansion vessel on the cd is twice the cost of a baxi 105 and if you cant fit a external for cosmetic reasons not a nice price,expensive spares

The price is good at the moment and they have the free TF1 with them and standard 5years..... we have a new range out next year...it looks really good and is all ready for the new EU protocols on efficiencys!

oh yeah that bloke from wales. i totally forgot about him! he was the one that gave it the big one straight way and his solidering was sxxx!
bet that well pxxxxxd ya off when he was slagging ya off.
when ya won the prize did ya get a nice bug cheque from charlie?

No i wish! just the crystal thing

Thanks

shower hose was too long and went into tray....cistern was leaking on toilet on cw inlet and from syphon.....double check valve was in the wrong way... my trap washer was snapped too ...i think Charlie had a leak on his basin waste too

Good to see there were some other faults inside the bathroom. Did you still have the 45 minutes for all of those faults?

In the new year I'm off to do some Alpha training, hopefully become a service engineer for the Bristol area :D. Hopefully it can get me off site once and for all!

The price is good at the moment and they have the free TF1 with them and standard 5years..... we have a new range out next year...it looks really good and is all ready for the new EU protocols on efficiencys!

yes buy price may be good,but spares.........got to look at long term,if like me you offer service contracts but i understand you cant really comment much on the pros and cons i did once consider going over to alpha not impressed when the rep did not return my call went over to potterton performas and baxi duotecs haven't looked back

Good to see there were some other faults inside the bathroom. Did you still have the 45 minutes for all of those faults?

In the new year I'm off to do some Alpha training, hopefully become a service engineer for the Bristol area :D. Hopefully it can get me off site once and for all!

I think that was a hour....

You must know Mr Stacey then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Young plumber of the year. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock