Search the forum,

Discuss You couldn't tell this wasn't core drilled in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djob

Some people just don't know how to stitch drill!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 160
That's old skool, I remember the days before core drills were cheap enough to have! Praying that your 15mm pilot drill was going through straight.

Stitching is normally faster and just a neat as coring tbh. No effort made to keep it neat in that picture tho :)

Classic I don't give a dam attitude!!
If you pulled the person who did it they would say the ell is going to be rendered at a later date so what's the problem.

I did get my self a breaker to core flues just like this one ! We were doing a contract in Brixton and the walls were just over 600mm and build of 4 lay of solid bricks ! If I was to use my hilty core drill would have taking me about 5-6 hours , but with hilti breaker about 45min !!!
Rhere is nothing wrong with what I see on the picture , who ever done it could have had his core drill stolen or broken down .......

I did get my self a breaker to core flues just like this one ! We were doing a contract in Brixton and the walls were just over 600mm and build of 4 lay of solid bricks ! If I was to use my hilty core drill would have taking me about 5-6 hours , but with hilti breaker about 45min !!!
Rhere is nothing wrong with what I see on the picture , who ever done it could have had his core drill stolen or broken down .......

The reason for stitching this was because he only has a 36v Bosch which as you probably just ruins the poor drill.. The problem here is stitching with a 15mm drill bit instead of something along the lines of 7mm. Oh & the I don't give a fig attitude ha

Last edited by a moderator:
If you thought that was bad look at another example of how not to.

(If it ain't going to plan, take a hammer to it!)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 125
RE: The first photo.

Being overly forensic, I would say the hole was done by the block layers.
The vertical courses don't line up.
I would hesitate a guess that the plumber put a sleeve through the wall for the flue and the block layers built around the sleeve.
The sleeve was removed and the flue put through.

Could this be a possibility?

Block work is horrendous who ever did it was incapable of measuring out a sleeve. That's been slashed u can see drill marks

RE: The first photo.

Being overly forensic, I would say the hole was done by the block layers.
The vertical courses don't line up.
I would hesitate a guess that the plumber put a sleeve through the wall for the flue and the block layers built around the sleeve.
The sleeve was removed and the flue put through.

Could this be a possibility?

You would be wrong in saying that as this was a complete wall & the plumber piloted with a 15 then stitched with the same drill bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to You couldn't tell this wasn't core drilled in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock