Search the forum,

Discuss Yes it is still working.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulosaolo

Hello everybody

First off I hope you don't mind me posting my question here but here goes.

I have recently replaced my horrible randal 103 CH control with a new electronic Sunvic 107. Unforunately I can't get the CH to come on using the new switch. Does any body have any ideas why it won't work?

(I could leave the question there but I think I'll have to come clean. Before fixing the new single channel Sunvic, being a novice (read - gung ho), I originally used their 2 channel model and promptly blew the fuse at the consumer unit. This is now replaced and the Sunvic will light up etc and the boiler will still fire up for the DHW (which doesn't run off the timer switch) - I am confident also that it is wired correctly.)

Is it possible then that I have also blown a fuse in the boiler electrical box? And if so would it likely be the 2A or the 1.25A fuse?

For info I have an old C&M Britony combi SE "and yes it is still working".

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give. To put your minds at rest I have already trawled the internet looking for similar problems / solutions so am not looking for an easy get out just a helping hand by some experienced practitioners.

Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if it was working before and you are sure wired correctly,and after blowing fuse due to incorrect wiring, that I do not know,would think you have damaged heating side of pcb,you could check glass fuses on pcb if any,can not remember ,if you have damages could be an expensive mistake
first remove all external wiring,time clock and room thermostat and just loop in and out terminals on pcb to eliminate them from fault equation,with a bit of luck it will work and you will not need a new pcb

Last edited by a moderator:
The shiny new digital clock will last a fraction of the time the randel did thats if you havent blown it up already
FIRST THING TO CHECK IS WETHER THE BOILER IS GETTING A SUPPLY TO HEATING FROM THE CLOCK
where the wiring connects to the boiler you will have five wires L N E AND TWO MORE BOTH THE TWO SHOULD BE AT 240 VOLTS

Last edited:
Puddle

Thanks for the tip. I looped the input / output and I fear that I have damaged the pcb in some way. Both glass fuses look fine so it looks like an expensive mistake, you live and learn..

Steve

I take your point about the longevity of these new devices but the Randall was so ugly!

As a final question is it possible to buy just the CH side of the pcb or does it all come as one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Yes it is still working.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal Isar He30 ( yes I know they are crap!) the boiler works but the contol panel asppears to be dead, the DHW and CH temperature controls have no effect and the boiler runs at max temp on both DHW and CH. I have repalced the display/contol panel and it still appearsto be dead. Would...
Replies
Views
Hello My boiler seems to work fine as I get hot water no problem. The problem is that my central heating isn't coming on. I have a Drayton SM1 control. The switch doesn’t work and the light won’t come on. It still makes the clock sound but the heating won’t come on with the timer either. I...
Replies
Views
H
I moved into a flat in August and have been trying to sort my central heating out recently! The boiler was on summer mode when I moved in, I have taken off summer mode and set times when I want heating on the Drayton digitstat RF2 wireless system. The thermostat shows a flame when sending signal...
Replies
Views
Katie2810
K
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around here ‘Shy bairnes get nowt’! My children (10 and 8 at the time) were lucky enough to be given an above ground 15ft round swimming pool from some...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am Christiane a customer who didn't know anything about central heating until 2 months ago.I got a replacement boiler Vaillaint Eco Plus 418, new 3 port valve, new pump system flushed with inhibitor and vented I then started to have a whooshing noise and but crackle and pop which...
Replies
Views
61Raymond
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock