Search the forum,

Discuss Yellow particles in Hot Water - Please expert advise needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MAGGI

Hi

We recently moved in new home, started using the hot water for bath and shower. Shocked by seeing there are yellow particles in hot water moreover water looks bit oily. As I do not have any knowledge in central heating or boiler, I do not want to appoint plumber or gas engineer before I can have some idea what the reason could be for this problem.

Please can someone help on this and advise so that we can sort this problem before cold starts.
Please let us know if you need more information on this as don't know what else to include to identify the problem.

Thanks for your help in advance.

New build or old house?

Combi, vented or unvented hot water?

As Simon asked do you have a hot water cylinder in your new house?

Cloudy water? Put some of the bits in cola if it fizzes its nuts off its calcium carbonate. ( lime scale) run system for a while and empty out completely. Check for signs of corrosion on pipework and cylinder? Was house empty for a while??

lateral thinking, dont pee in the bath :)

sorry sorry, ok ais the house been empty for sometime, is it new build. If so it could be residues from the installation process, as mentioned, flush things through for a bit then revisit a bathfull of water again to check, if its clear then alls well, feel free to pee again :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Yellow particles in Hot Water - Please expert advise needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally after they left I started experiencing yellow water (pale) from all my taps - hot and cold, including the toilet. This was intermittent and then...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to be lukewarm - so much so that no one even wants to bath as it never gets hot enough! Open to suggestions as to what it might be and if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Hello, We hade a problem with our hot water not working in one of our bathroom's (all other outlets were working) Therefore we got the Thermostatic Shower Valve changed and everything was working again. However a few days later, both hot and cold no longer works for the bath and the hot...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock