Search the forum,

Discuss y-plan new motorised valve fitted - not firing up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moony

as title says.....

its a floor standing ideal mexico - the 3 port mid position valve was fitted today and now the boiler isnt calling for heat - the pump runs, put me in front of a boiler or combi and im fine - but put me in front of a s-plan or y-plan wiring and i'm scratching my head - im due back there tonight - so any pointers or what to look for would be massively appreciated :)

now i dont know if this was an existing problem or a new one since the motorised valve has been changed - new body new head and all wires gone back to the same way as before.

I assume you have put all the thermostats up to max? Cylinder, Room and the boiler? Check for a supply to the boiler..

This is odd. If the wiring has been done according to honeywell's schematics then the pump and the boiler should both have a live from junction 8 in the terminal box, this is fed from the orange wire from the valve, i.e. if the pumps live then the boiler should be too

sorry didn't mean to confuse things, what I meant was if the pump is live then there should be a signal live being sent to the boiler, I believe that the mexico also needs a permanent live

on of the engineers on here has put a wiring diagram up so look for the post and its on it

Just a thought, what model is the mexico? There is a down draught overheat stat fitted to some of them, fitted in series with the control stat. It could be holding it off?

no worrys - sorted now was a clogged up system and i mean clogged!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to y-plan new motorised valve fitted - not firing up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock