Search the forum,

Discuss X800 - x400 or F3 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

c.gas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Which would you guys recommend for the job, got an isar that's got a partially blocked main heat exchanger as you can hear it whilstling when you run ch or dhw. My plan was to try a cleaner in it and leave it for a couple of days as the customer is home for a day on Tuesday and then back on Thursday so can go back and drain it. Is x800 to aggressive to leave for that long as don't want to kill the heat aluminium heat ex

Would not personally put X800 in,would talk to them about changing TBH a ISAR is a reight heap

I agree but customer wants to try the cheaper option first so it's not for me to decline really

x800 only works for 24hrs max, x400 would be better (this is from sentinel tech reply to a question i asked). both wont attack the HX. F3 is good, F5 is stronger but not sure on its lifespan.

Just cover your backside, tell customer that you can add a cleaner if he wants to risk it, let him decide.

These chemicals very rarely help a hex. I had some success yonks ago helping a friend of mine out who had absolutely no money at all Took the hex off his old halstead and we painstakingly swilled it through with a strong acidic cleaner. Not the perfect scenario I grant you but he was happy when the boiler work properly again

Yeah I've done that myself on a Heatline Vizo using one shot drain cleaner and it worked a treat, don't fancy taking the heat ex out of an isar really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to X800 - x400 or F3 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock