Discuss X400 sludge remover in system with minor leaks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

donkeeboy

Hi folks,

Heres my situation, I got a bog 19 rad system, some of the radiators have got serious cold spots.

The system does lose water pressure but not too fast - 0.5 bar a month. I think there must be small leaks under ground floor where i cannot see. Its been like this for 3 years and is not deteriatoing.

Ive got some Sentinal X400 sludge remover that I will run for 4 weeks, then drain and put in my fernox to try and improve/sort the leaks.

X400 says it does not cause leaks on it, but when I already have small leaks is it something i should be concened about? If there are small leaks, may they get worse when I run my X400?

Heres the other thing - I can obv do the fernox (leak seal) first but then if I immediately after that do my X400 - will the x400 go and undo any improvements I have made on the leaks? I am guessing it might, but perhaps it has no effect and its sensible to do the leak seal first. Except I will lose my leak seal when i drain for the x400 after only a few weeks running the leak sealer.

Which should I do first?

Thanks, donkeeboy.

Last edited by a moderator:
i cant see it hurting add the sealer after you have finished,however putting water in once a month will quickly aerate the system causing rapid corrosion by the sound of it the very thing your trying to fix i would find the leak first

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to X400 sludge remover in system with minor leaks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back