Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Would you give a CP12 to this boiler? in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Matt-London

Matt-London New Member

Here's a nice Sunday evening poll .

I had a new Worcester combi installed in a rental property. It wasn't the easiest job due to the location so I got a (reputable!) builder to make the area good.

You can't argue they did a nice job (see photo) . but I expected them to leave the minimum 5mm around the edges as per standard installation instructions. Instead, they filled this gap with caulk so there's no gap top/left/right.

There's plenty of ventilation as it's a huge void behind. The front fascia panel drops down fine and there are inspection ports for the flue below and above. Removing the outer case is possible but it will need to recaulked each time.

My worry is the annual CP12.

Question - Would you give a CP12 assuming there are no boiler issues? Or should I get the builders back to alter it to give better access?

Thanks in advance!

beforesmall.jpg

aftersmall.jpg

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

:D nope how you supposed to repair the boiler if you cant remove the case and get at the ports

• Like Like x 1
  3. bogrodder

bogrodder GSR

That’s just silly

4. bogrodder

bogrodder GSR

Can’t even get to the fga port neither

5. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

You have to cut and re-caulk it each time the front comes off?

6. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR

I would redo anything. That’s the customers job.

7. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Sorry to say no chance Matt that will all have to come out no GSI will certificate the boiler like that needs these clearences bud . cheers kop

Screenshot_2018-03-25-21-28-11.png

8. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR

Sake !!!!!

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Scott_1979

Scott_1979 GSR

Beyond stupid, at least there’s a decent flue inspection hatch !

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR

Do not know what is with engineers nowadays. Beyond stupid.

11. firemant

firemant Plumber GSR

Do you guys not actually understand what a CP12 is?
    They have been around for years, and yet we still get threads and responses as those above.

A CP12 is a record of the state of the system AT THE TIME OF INSPECTION. It is NOT a pass or fail. Do the checks, record the findings, issue the CP12 with recommendations as applicable. Apply the GIUSP as and if required. Invoice, get paid. Move on and await further instructions to rectify if required.

So, yes, obviously I would do the job as requested, and issue the cert

• Like Like x 2
  12. king of pipes

Have to dissagree bud you cant even do a flue gas analysis on the boiler there is no access to the test points so how can you compleate a CP12 .kop

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. heatservice

heatservice Member

In the 45+ years I spent in the trade I saw some stupid things, like a garage to kitchen conversion where the new cement screed had left the old Thorn M floor standing boiler buried 2 inches.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. leelister6

leelister6 Plumber GSR

I would have thought class boiler as A/R, turn off and isolate, fill out paperwork, advise customer, get paid and foxtrot oscar

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. king of pipes

Shaun the encyclopedia of plumbing and heating knowledge will be along shortly to classify it bud . kop

• Funny Funny x 1