Search the forum,

Discuss Worried about gas exams in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MGP

I'm wondering if I am the only one to be worried sick about doing my gas exams? When I'm at work I am confident in what I'm doing, but under exam conditions I'm terrible.
Even though I know what I'm doing I can say that I'm not totally confident of my own ability in the exams!
Anybody else been like this and passed with GS?
I think I'm more worried that I've picked up to many bad habits at work and that will reflect in the exams.

Be safe , take your time use your books and explain verbaly den if you can't do it practically DO NOT guess

if your too confident and have bad habits then this can go against your practicals as seen to be arrogant and cocky.
well this is the advice from my acs center anyway.

so, be humble, methodical and ask for the question again if your not sure.

i was asked to check a thermistor on a boiler and spent 20 mins stripping it down because thats what i thought he asked. didnt go down too well.lol.

p.s. dont forget your toilet roll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a GS inspection coming up or is it your ACS which you are concerned about ?

first things firfst relax, i was in this position to trust me , best thing to do is relax and be confident Not over confident but calm an be like OK i can do this, take your time, if your not sure ask, and if your still not sure stop relax have a look through MI's or your books that are avaialable and crack ok, theres loads of time, just done waste it, and smile :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worried about gas exams in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
Hi , i'm new to this forum & would like some advice , i have an upstairs bathroom & was wondering if i could put a cloackroom loo downstairs , my worry is how do i connect to the existing soil pipe , or is it possible to dig under where the new loo will be in case the soil pipe runs along the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas foundation and in order to progress to ACS, I have to finish my portfolio. I also want to learn plumbing along with gas so I can learn more things. I...
Replies
Views
Hey there I'm looking for some advice on a potential issue I'm having with an old back boiler. So just moved into my parents' old house with my partner, it's a terrace with back to back chimneys in the kitchen and the sitting room. The fireplace in the kitchen is the old back boiler that hasn't...
Replies
Views
I have been doing my level 2 plumbing qualification for over 4 years now due to covid etc. I am now at a point where i will be sending my NVQ pack off and completing my practical for my NVQ. I am waiting on a plumber to to send me his documents to send off. I am worried about the practical and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock