Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Workwear

Discussion in 'Plumbing Tools' started by Heat Kent, Feb 4, 2013.

Discuss Workwear in the Plumbing Tools area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Heat Kent

Heat Kent Guest

What do you wear to work? When I first started site work I bought myself some panoply work trousers (on DIY dads recommendation), Timberland work boots and the usually PPE, but after a couple of days of the chippies taking the mick out of my trousers I decided to wear jeans and tracky bottoms like everyone else. However, I get through a pair of jeans every month or so from being on my kneesall the time (I can see why working girls wear skirts).

I have recently been doing more private work and don’t like to turn up looking rough in mucky boots and ripped jeans, so I have bought some Scruffs worktrousers, Scruffs steel toe canvas trainers and CK knee pads. It all looks thedogs, feels comfortable and I'm finding the built in pocket pouches great for keeping inserts and fixing when I'm on the hop up doing a first fix. Scruffs also do a range of staydry polo shirts for £10, which look good as I do tend toget quite sweaty in tight spaces. I was thinking they would look nice with a company logo etc printed on them.

It all sounds a bit "scruffy", but I was wondering what the rest of you wear? Jeans, Snickers, Dickies, Scruffs etc. What offers the right balance of durability, comfort and affordability?

2. Atouchofgas

Atouchofgas Plumber GSR

Dickies trousers, logo polo shirt & boots

• Like Like x 1
  3. Heat Kent

Heat Kent Guest

I'm loving my canvas shoes for the privates - My boots are always in a right state from site work and it's a pain if you have to take them off. My surname's Dickerson and my nickname when I was younger was dickie so I did consider setting up as Dickies and just adding "plumbing & Heating under their logo :eek:)

4. Koogatubac

Koogatubac Plumber GSR

Dont wear anything else but snickers, tryed them all throughout the years and nothing comes close to snickers :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. dancinplumba

dancinplumba Trusted Plumber GSR

BlakLader are better than snikers imo

6. Whl4852

Whl4852 Plumber

PIMLICO thought snickers were the best until I tried blaklader - brilliant, you really do get what you pay for :46:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Whl4852

Whl4852 Plumber

Not got a clue as to why PIMLICO is there above ^

8. dancinplumba

haha ??? wierd

9. Mopandbucket

Mopandbucket Guest

Snickers are overpriced , for pretty boys you see in merchants who are so clean they look like they never done an hours work.snickers never last any longer than trousers that cost half the price.

• Like Like x 3
  10. dancinplumba

HaHa oops. FIGHT ;)

11. Heat Kent

Heat Kent Guest

I did buy some Snickers, but the sizes were all weird? I'm a 36" waist, so i thought I could squeez into the 35", not a chance! They were more like a 32"!

12. erpkid

erpkid Plumber GSR

Anything with knee pads in ....just come back from quoting in civvies and knelt on the tiled floor ( The young ones will not get this )

• Like Like x 4
  13. Mopandbucket

Mopandbucket Guest

How can dancinplumba say barlicks beautiful? Snickers or dickies? Lancashire or Yorkshire? Wich are you?

14. dancinplumba

cos i can, it is and i am. what are you ?

15. Blake

Blake Plumber GSR

I wear what I feel comfortable in and always carry a towel for those sudden and unexpected leaks

borat.jpg

• Like Like x 3