Search the forum,

Discuss Working pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matt_t586

I went to do a landlord safety cert this evening and when checking the working pressure at the meter on all appliances the pressure was 24/25 mbar. I turned off the ECV and issued a AR warning and attached a sticker to the meter. Just wondering if this is 100% correct.

Cheers

What Toddy said and out of interest did you do an OP on appliances.
I have worked on one particular local authority scheme where a lot of the working pressures pushed the boundaries but the majority of OP/BP's were acceptable. Going by the letter of the law half the scheme would be AR, so I made a judgement call if the WP was not too far over and the OP/BP's were ok.

I did contact them and the are changing meter today. i didnt bother checking at the appliance as the meter regulator had been tampered with by somebody as the seal was broken so i thought best just AR it all.

Now I know when they change a meter they used to leave it capped off and somebody like me had to connect up and test appliances etc. I now believe that they fit the meter and connect up and leave the customer with their has supply to appliances working, if thats the casedoes that mean tbey have deemed all the apliances safe and therefore practacaly done a CP12? Correct me if im wrong, cheers

The ESP should come out and fix the fault on the regulator/meter then should disc the outlet.
If you had done your checks and passed the applliances as safe to use and provided a certificate to say this then the ESP will normally do a visual inspection of the appliances when running and providing the WP is fine will leave the installation in use.

Hi i know someone who works for national grid if they replace the meter they will then visual check all gas appliances and get a wp at the meter, hope this helps in your conversation

top2009 is correct, they would only disc the meter outlet if its a new install or there is an ID problem on the outlet side. They would perform a visual check of the appliances only.

As a side-note, I install and replace meters including the regulators yet I am not authorised to adjust the WP. Most new regulators are factory set to about 23mbar to allow for the pressure drop across the meter, but the ultrasonic meters have less restriction so often the WP is only just within limit. However, often this is an advantage as a lot of outlet pipework is undersized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Working pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock