Search the forum,

Discuss working pressure at meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is it should be 19mlb min but if you make the call to get them to come and change thye gov. they may refuse as petty to them. Providing no appliances are effected and all burner and working presures are achieved dont worry about it..thats just my oppinion...
Bren.

Am I right in my understanding that if working pressure if lower than the say 19mbar at meter, 18mbar at appliance, it will not affect the flow rate of gas available to the appliance? i.e 3m of 15mm pipe can supply 2.9m3/hr with a 1mbar drop. If length was longer (say WP showing a 2mbar drop) then 2.9m3/hr could still be delivered to the appliance?

It depends on the appliance but i dont know of one that it would affect,, AS PER VOKERA they have domestic modles that a dynamic gas presure as low as 12mlbr,, yes 12mlb is ok and wont affect its opperation..but thats only vokera, VAILLANT have told me they need 15mlb to opperate ok and 18mlb on WORCESTER..ITS DOWN TO THE MANUFACTURER...

Bren.

Am I right in my understanding that if working pressure if lower than the say 19mbar at meter, 18mbar at appliance, it will not affect the flow rate of gas available to the appliance? i.e 3m of 15mm pipe can supply 2.9m3/hr with a 1mbar drop. If length was longer (say WP showing a 2mbar drop) then 2.9m3/hr could still be delivered to the appliance?

it depends on the type of appliance, hobs/cooker and gas fires normally rely on the correct pressures to operate correctly.

if the gas supply is not right you wont get the right flow rate and temperature from a combi. regardless of any manometer imho

but if calculated pipe size is ok, gas rate is not adjustable (zero govenor), OP inlet pressure is within spec, and gas rate within 10% of MI would you accept this gas rate as being close enough as acceptable

Sorry i was thinking standing pressure Between 19-30mb. Working Pressure 21 +or- 2mb
Call out transco for new governer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to working pressure at meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock