Search the forum,

Discuss working out of scope in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i submit

silly me i thought that was called 10% markup ie 100 percent origional plus 10% markup
i made 900% on a job last week with no parts just an hour rate, took 2o minutes is that 100% plus overtime?.

Is that a full 101% or just 99%

only jesting

ps welcome there is a good crowd on here

when i started out pricing a job i would think of a figure, treble it and be amazed at how much that 3% added up to

What a load of rubbish on an otherwise relavent thread!

REDSAW surely if it was an hr rate and took 20 min thats only 300% unless you only gave it 33% effort?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know the price of bread:wink:
its ÂŁ1.20 for medium braces LOL,and 2 quid for the other stuff i dont like but the wife does because it has budgie seed in it or something and apparently is good for your well being,as i pointed out beer is good for my well being,it de stresses me unless its stella that has a profound effect on me which is not good for anyone's well being lol

Last edited by a moderator:
What a load of rubbish on an otherwise relavent thread!

REDSAW surely if it was an hr rate and took 20 min thats only 300% unless you only gave it 33% effort?
no, it was a price job for 3 hours plus parts. i fixed the problem instead and took only 20 mins for a job i didnt want to do so charged the agreed rate and solved the problem.lol.

sorry to bring you guys down but.

There should be some common sense rule like...
If your found to be working out of scope on minor works you should have to prove that you have complied with the relavent regs regarding that appliance as long as your other tickets show a level of competancy -no prob. excluding instalation of course.

I remember adding an element to my ACS that involved 10min training and 1 question on a paper, does that really make me any safer to work on that appliance than any other well read engineer?

sorry to bring you guys down but.

There should be some common sense rule like...
If your found to be working out of scope on minor works you should have to prove that you have complied with the relavent regs regarding that appliance as long as your other tickets show a level of competancy -no prob. excluding instalation of course.

I remember adding an element to my ACS that involved 10min training and 1 question on a paper, does that really make me any safer to work on that appliance than any other well read engineer?

Not the point. If true then how will all those impoverished testing organisations & centres buy their nice second cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to working out of scope in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock