Search the forum,

Discuss Working for PH Jones servicing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad_stoke

Gas Engineer
Hi guys.. Got a job offer from pH Jones... Servicing.

Has anyone worked for this company? Any feedback would be appreciated. Just want a heads up as I'm on two minds of accepting offer? Thanks in advance

you would be working for british gas as they own them now

I understand but when I went to the interview I was told it was part of bg however it's run differently without much of the perks of bg lol.

heard good and bad things tbh most of the engs that were round here when it was sold left about 3 months after and dont have any new info as most of me mates left due to not being treated ok / bad work load deadlines but that might of all changed by now

Ad if they're paying what you want in the area that you want then go for it.

The job am in currently only pays you for jobs you get in. Peacework.. So no access means no pay. Whereas pH Jones pay per hour or per servicing "whichever works out best for the engineer" as I was told in interview. Am in two minds.. Heard some ppl say they expect you do all remedial repairs and expect you do 8 services a day. Don't want to leave current job for something worse lol

Not sure how they work exactly as were just bought over round about time I left BG.
If it like BG you will be expected to do leaking TRV for instance as part of a service and will require a Manager to authorise a repair if going be anything more than quick fix on service. Frustrating at times as customer usually knows they have issues befor the service is arranged.
If the work practice is similar to BG then in general 8 services a day is no big deal unless you in back boiler city.

I've never worked for them but speaking to somebody that did they sound like any company that does HA work.

He said 10 properties a day for servicing didn't matter if there was just a boiler or a boiler and fire.

Breakdowns and repairs they expected loads done in a day and didn't allow extra time for jobs that take over 45 minutes.

He did say on the plus side it was mostly worcesters so he got used to them and got quick working on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Working for PH Jones servicing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock