Search the forum,

Discuss work radio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumber0808

just brought the makita bmr100 site radio.
seems really good, very loud and clear. was fed up with buying cheap radios and not being able to hear them very well especially when working, ive broken a fair few.
on offer at axminster £60, just happened to pop in to have a look round.
they normally retail around the £100 mark.

[DLMURL="http://www.axminster.co.uk/makita-bmr100-site-radio-prod580293/"]Buy Makita BMR100 Site Radio from Axminster, fast delivery for the UK[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
what gets me is when they change the signal to digital next year i think for radios, is that we all have to buy new.
what a con.imo.

I'm not keen on a radio at work - you can never get a word in edgeways ...

And if it's music, they play it so loud that I can't think ...

not going to happen for a long time, i think labour said their target was 2015.
this has been dismissed and put back because it is unrealistic, as of yet no date set.

Its a good radio and it takes a battering, I use it as a little hop up sometimes. It has taken my weight and a boiler, good job I don't weigh much :p

had one for about a year now , i forget how many times its been knocked over , had a drink spilt on it. good bit of kit

I like mine on really loud, smooth fm, I like the pinacolada song.

They play all my favourites up to the early 90s, I like a bit of daaaaaaaance music too from my clubbing days.

Oh the clubbing days......best time of my life....96 till 2002.....leave the house on a Friday....get back on a Monday,and have to have the day off work!! Can't remember half of it....and my memory's shot now! ahhh....gatecrasher and republica!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Might have to get one of these, i bought a digital radio in january £40, had it 4 days and my mate in work ( who is a very big bloke ) steped on it, dosent work so good any more lol, if it was any one else who steped on it id have said something, but the guy is 6'4 and 20 stone!!!!!

LMAO

would have trouble with that as im a bloke with a flat chest :)

My initials are D.D hence the name Double d

Smarty pants ;)

Oh the clubbing days......best time of my life....96 till 2002.....leave the house on a Friday....get back on a Monday,and have to have the day off work!! Can't remember half of it....and my memory's shot now! ahhh....gatecrasher and republica!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
My "era" too, Iam 31 btw.

FM radio isn't going away. The talked about switchover date of 2015 was never fixed and has now been scrapped with the cutbacks, coupled with the lack of take-up with digital as it is no improvement on FM sound wise. Digital doesn't work where I live and is no good in cars. The DAB technology is outdated and by the time they get going again it will be a different system to DAB altogether, and much listening is going web based in any case.

Cheers for the tip. I've just bought one of these and can use my other Makita batteries. At this money- good value. They were out of stock but accepted the order and will deliver for free within 2 weeks. Magic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to work radio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock