Search the forum,

Discuss Work done on boiler, now radiators hot but house cold?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me we aren’t going mad?

Before today our radiators worked fine, got really hot and heated the house quickly etc.

We had a magnetic filter and a Hive thermostat fitted yesterday (the filter was on the list for a while at the recommendation of our plumber and the Hive was brought because our timer broke last week). Ever since, the radiators have been hot but they don’t give off much heat when you are next to them, and the house is really cold!

It’s taken 3-4 hours to heat the house from 16-20 degrees and we won’t be at our normal 21 until bed time I don’t think. Previously the house would get so hot we would have to turn the heating off. Tonight, no way! There are pockets of chilly air all through the house.

Is this a genuine thing or are we losing the plot?!

Thanks

sounds like the hive is messing around does the boiler stay fired up all the way through or does it turn off?

What boiler?
And valves not fully opened?
Dial on the boiler turned down?
Rads need venting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Work done on boiler, now radiators hot but house cold?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock