Search the forum,

Discuss Worchester Bosch error code EA - Part 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why the moderator has blocked further posts to my last thread but I think if someone says something is dangerous and illegal it would be good for everyone to know why?

Worchester Bosch 40cdi Error code EA

So my question is what was dangerous, please be specific and what law has been broken. We are all here to learn, I genuinely appreciate your feedback.

Which of the answers on your first thread didn't you understand regarding being competent
You obviously have some brain inside your head, but not enough to know you have potentially put yourself (and probably others) at risk
What safety procedure did you follow after reassembling gas valve

Are you qualified to strip and service a gas valve : No

Are you qualified to remove a boilers case and refit and check negative pressure seals : No

Are you qualified to mess with the pcb and check correct operation of the components : No

Are you qualified to mess with a gas appliance : No

Are you qualified to test for gas leaks / escapes : No

Please keep on track, what was dangerous and what law was broken. I'm not being difficult, I honestly want to know?

Gas safe regulations and igem

What is your background / makes you think your qualified/ competent

The dangerous part is,,,,,you don't know
As for the legalities, that's anther story

You clearly sound like a clever man. However being clever does not excuse ignorance. When a qualified gas safe Registered Engineer asks you if you are gas safe Registered and you answer NO. The engineers then tell you that you are then not qualified to test or work on the appliance. YOU then see fit to complete the work anyway. What you have done is reportable/not clever and potentially dangerous. People like yourself that tinker with boilers is the reason that a governing body exists in the first place. You should have respect for your and other people’s safety.

Hi Michael,

As the guys/girls above have mentioned you are mad to mess with the boiler.

Although you may be a smart cookie & have a copy/download of the manufacturers installation instructions giving fault codes and possible items that may be causing these you don't have the depth of understanding that fault diagnosis/fault rectification of different gas appliances.

As mentioned you have now invalidated you home insurance and put potentially yourself, your family & neighbours at risk through your ignorance/lack of depth knowledge.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE turn off/isolate your boiler & call in a registered GSR engineer & explain to him/her what you have done.

At least they can fix it for you without going up a blind alley which will cost you yet more money or if you have unwittingly done something which is dangerous & has compromised the inherent gas safety of the appliance they will isolate whilst obtaining spare parts for your own protection.

As above we won't give advice solely for the reasons as mentioned by the other posters to protect people from there own ignorance/stupidity/naivety.

Thanks,

Andy

You don't have the equipment to test the boiler is burning correctly after changing parts.

How have you tested the gas supply after changing he valve and removing the test nipple at the meter?

I can see where the guy is coming from, but in all honesty who is going to report him ? His house his boiler we know the law, and he has done wrong, But how meny others do the same thing ? it will never stop as long as all the information that is required is easily available, parts for gas appliance's can be bought over the counter by anyone, the same as test equipment, you can even hire it! All the Merchants, DIY Stores , online shopping will all sell any Gas Appliance or spare part you need with no questions asked, So as long as this go's on DIY work on gas will not stop ! and people look at what they are spending and as long as they can save a £1. they will keep on doing it.

It's upto us gas engineers to educate them, I agree with you it will still happen

As the saying goes guys a little knowledge can be dangerous in our job it can be fatal , dont mess with gas appliances leave it to the trained GSI keep yourself and your family safe and warm. cheers Kop

[QUOTE="Harvest Fields, post: 973791, member: 5819]However they do like to leave a mess when they work:p:p:p:D[/QUOTE]

Like a few plumbers I know :)

Michael Groves, You mentioned in your other post that in your opinion there are varying degrees of competency. I certainly was not calling you an idiot and you may feel you are comptant in your eyes. But the the LAW does not agree with you. It is quite clearly stated that only a competent person can carry out any gas related work. And in the UK the ONLY persons deemed competent by law are those persons who hold a valid Gas Safe licence and even then they are only competent in the categories stated on the back of that licence. There is no variation at all you are either competent or not. therefore that means you hold a GSR licence or you don't "simples"

Thats very interesting ........ I'll bear that in mind when he's posting on the sparks forum.

My guess is that he's tinkering with a boiler in one of his properties with tenants in

Scary stuff all round.

Last edited by a moderator:
I
Thats very interesting . I'll bear that in mind when he's posting on the sparks forum.

My guess is that he's tinkering with a boiler in one of his properties with tenants in

Scary stuff all round.
I hope he isn’t. There should be a policy on here that states, if you are found to be tinkering with gas appliance and you are not qualified this web forum will report you.

Just to set the record straight, yes I am a spark and part of a competent person scheme. I am also a landlord, Advanced PADI diver and swam 800 meters at school and have a badge to prove it!
What relevance this has is beyond me. Please keep this professional.

It was my own boiler, all my tenants boilers are serviced and have gas safety certificates issued yearly as required.

Back to the matter in hand, I will reply further over the weekend when I have more time.

Just to set the record straight, yes I am a spark and part of a competent person scheme. I am also a landlord, Advanced PADI diver and swam 800 meters at school and have a badge to prove it!

It was my own boiler, all my tenants boilers are serviced and have gas safety certificates issued yearly as required.

Back to the matter in hand, I will reply further over the weekend when I have more time.
Then you should know better. Think that’s enough said.

This go's back to my first reply ! Its in his house its his own personal property, who is going to stop him doing what he wants with it ? you can attach this argument to anything, take your car/van for example you tinker with the engine or whatever, something happens to you get prosecuted for NOT being competent because you haven't done a mechanics course, your reply I didn't know anyway its my car I can do what I want to it, I can buy the parts & tools so what's to stop me !!
You will never stop people tinkering around with there own goods its human nature, we have all done things at home etc. moved a switch/plug worked on the car, did we call in a sparks or a mechanic ? answer NO so maybe we are just as much to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worchester Bosch error code EA - Part 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock