Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester ri 24 service mode max wouldn't fire but blue flashing light 5 times in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys, went to carry out a service... went to high fire setting mode but nothing happened? Blue flashing light 5 times.. checked condensate not blocked.. flue good..
Reset the thermostat knob but nothing happened. Standing gas pressure 25mb to the gas valve..
When I put the heating on from the programmer the boiler fires up fine but I noticed the blue light still flashing but faster? I notice the heat exchanger was very hot to touch and making noises?

I'm new gas engineer so be gentle.lol

was the pump running?

port valves open ?

o and the 5 flashes means its in service mode

Yeah the port valves open.
I'm I right in saying, when nothing is calling for heat. And I turn the service dial to max shouldn't the boiler go to high fire?. Or do I need to go and call for the heating to cone on?

pump wont run if you dont have anything on eg call

Ok I'm confused now. I took off the cover and I rotated the knob that's concealed behind the Panel and rotated it to max as it was in the normal. The boiler started to flash but never fired up? Shouldn't the boiler fire up like the chimney sweep button on the other worcesters?

Ok I'm confused now. I took off the cover and I rotated the knob that's concealed behind the Panel and rotated it to max as it was in the normal. The boiler started to flash but never fired up? Shouldn't the boiler fire up like the chimney sweep button on the other worcesters?

did it have demand?

No it didn't. I thought when you put it on max this would fire up the boiler?.

no as no pump connected your thinking of a combi

:D

That negative fan test is bullshit, ive had it pass that test but need a full strip and clean, and fail that test but not need a strip and clean.

Could just be me but i dont do that test, i remember when it came in and i find it proves nothing

Strip down every 4 years or new customer

Reply to Worcester ri 24 service mode max wouldn't fire but blue flashing light 5 times in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Condensing boiler installed by local Gas Safe plumber in 2014, not combi. Failed a couple of weeks ago with flashing blue light which googling suggests means no gas, blocked flue or blocked condensate pipe. There is gas, the flue is clear, and the condensate pipe goes into the under-sink waste...
Replies
Views
A
Hi.i was asked to take a look at my customer worcester 28i. When calling for hot water the boiler fires up fine and the water gets hot. After approx 30secs of running hot water the boiler shuts down. With the hot tap still running( water gone cold) the boiler then fires up after about 5sec and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello everyone, I am looking for some help with this boiler. This problem has only just started in the last few weeks and only happens when it has been a long time (5/6 hours) between timer on settings and when it has been cold. Common time is at 06.00 when timer is set to come on for the...
Replies
Views
Hello - just wondering if anyone has any ideas why my Worcester 24i combi boiler doesn't heat the central heating water? It heats the tap water just fine but when the demand comes in from the room thermostat for the central heating to turn on - nothing happens... I've checked the demand from...
Replies
Views
D
I have recently visited a Worcester green star ri and the blue light is constantly flashing. I have checked the service is in normal mode and that the flue and condensate pipe are not blocked. When I ask for heating or hot water the fan try’s to kick in but doesn’t spin. I don’t really work on...
Replies
Views
Dan9866
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock