Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester OIL HEATSLAVE 26/32 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aevans61

Hi all just looking for a little help with the above, Just run out of oil! Now tank refilled and we have this issue. Boiler attempted to start through its normal process and went into lockout a few mins later. Removed feed to pump and drained in a container to find lots of sludge and water! anyway now have removed pump filter cleaned refitted still no joy. removed burner and mist nozzle cleaned and refitted still no joy, now have removed check valve to find lots of material in the three holes have cleaned best I can but now boiler will not go into lockout!! even though fuel supply is removed. Blower continues to run regardless Any ideas I now at loss. Any help sincerely appreciated. Thanks in advance Adam.

Sounds like an RDB then in which case check photocell. Put rags under the pump for when it starts leaking now you've disassembled it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sterling burner on these. Unplug photocell and start it . If it fires and goes to lockout then its the photocell I yhink it is the least of your problems.

Sterling burner on these. Unplug photocell and start it . If it fires and goes to lockout then its the photocell I yhink it is the least of your problems.

Thanks for the advice gents, have now tried what u have suggested to no avail. Why would the blower just run? this happens as soon as you power up the boiler. It seems, it does not try the ignition sequence which is strange. Does anyone have any further ideas? Thanks

Yeah. Afraid you're getting out of your depth now mate and I'd be concerned you've altered the settings.

You need an oftec guy.

Post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location - [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Sounds like the post purge unit has gone. You will need an engineer to sort it out. There id a wsy to chevk but kot advisable for the inexperienced

Sounds like a control box issue, if you've altered settings then he burner ill need to be set up again by a suitable technician.

Now you're in dangerous territory, get an oftec qualified technician in !!

If the motor is turning,ie, the fan is running, then the motor sounds to be ok at the mo, however if there is no vapour from the nozzle then the pump drive is knacked,if there is vapour and no ignition then either the HT leads, the electrodes, the transformer or the control box is kaput. Regardless of the outcome, if you have been playing without knowledge you may have altered some of the settings.
You defo need to get ursel an Oftec technician. Checkout Oftec.org, you'll be able to track one down from there.

Post purge pcb has gone. It is stuck in post purge and it can be iniked out but you need to know what you are doing. Easy fix

I have now sorted the problem all up and running once again, amazing what you can do yourself when you have to. Regards all

Especially when somebody's told you.

So the combustion is fine after you've fiddled? co2 ok, pump pressure in spec, flue gas temp not too high and burning out your baffles?

They don't think about that!
Went to a boiler today where they hadn't worried about servicing the boiler last year, because they felt it was clean enough the previous year (can you see where this is going?).
So I turn up to find the air has been too low, lots of sulphur deposits and in dyer need of a complete new set of baffles, she wishes she had it done properly and annually, you can't tell them though SimonG!

Especially when somebody's told you.

So the combustion is fine after you've fiddled? co2 ok, pump pressure in spec, flue gas temp not too high and burning out your baffles?

Firstly simong you have no idea of my skill set, or my education and training. I though that this forum was available to anyone whom wanted to ask a question and or get some advice?? Obviously there are some preconceived opinions of people whom post on here looking for help and advice. You make the assumption that it was some worldly piece of information that was provided here on the site that came to my rescue and solved all my problems and that I am also not in a profession that will give me access to the tools and equipment required and are necessary to calibrate and set up a burner/boiler to the required specs as laid out buy the burner/boiler manufacturer. Anyone can download the boiler/burner specs and tolerances, and if you have the knowledge, and skills sets and of course access to the required tools, this can be done. So thanks for a reminder to check the FGT and co2 and not forgetting the pump pressure.

Obviously an engineer of some description (except anything to do with oil boilers)

Well if you're such a smart arris why did you have to ask for help on a forum?

So no you haven't set up the combustion, therefore risking your own and your families lives. Jog on.

It's idiots like you that will eventually get oil as safe as gas.

Last edited:
Well if you're such a smart arris why did you have to ask for help on a forum?

So no you haven't set up the combustion, therefore risking your own and your families lives. Jog on.

It's idiots like you that will eventually get oil as safe as gas.

Don't complain about sacrificial lambs :)

aevins i hope you have done it right. I really do.

i'm sure you have see the news in the past where the poor father/husband worked on something without the training, little experience and without understanding.
and watched the news, thought to yourself "what a fool"

tragically killing members of their family or friends who they did a favour for.

I'm glad you're in the smallest minority who undertake skilled work as diy even when advised of the possible outcomes.

as having had to deal with a customer who lost their daughter due to his wiring in their house.
he didn't 100% understand the concept but it worked, sadly the worst happened.

its an awful thing.

atleast you saved a few quid for a meal out with the family.

I guess to ask for help as I believe is the purpose of a forum, as for your reason to being on here in this thread? I don't know because you have contributed nothing to it. Did I also forget to set up the air fuel mix with the damper no I don't think so.

Thanks Mark, I completely get your point. I am aware there have been losses due to incorrect setup and or repairs. but thanks for the subtle reminder its appreciated. Regards

I guess to ask for help as I believe is the purpose of a forum, as for your reason to being on here in this thread? I don't know because you have contributed nothing to it. Did I also forget to set up the air fuel mix with the damper no I don't think so.

Hopefully contributed the fact that what you have done is idiotic and dangerous. But you're obviously too thick to understand that. Look forward to reading about your demise in the paper.

How did you set that up without an analyser?
I think what there saying is, yes you can come on here for help by all means for certain things.
But there is a line where you shouldn't cross because you could end up giving yourself carbon monoxide poisoning, or your boiler not burning right, then clogging up the flue and blowing back into the house causing a lot of damage or death.
But because OFTEC hasn't got the backing that GAS SAFE has, we cannot actually stop you tinkering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester OIL HEATSLAVE 26/32 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock