Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester isystem boiler 24kw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nvq level 3

Hi,

This is a slight rant.

A few weeks ago i fitted the above boiler, upgraded the system from gravity fed etc to s plan sealed. client was after the wave stat which i thought would be no problem until the electrician came to wire the new system up. Upon further investigation numerous phones calls i then found out you have to buy a diverter kit for the system for the sat to work and having to run 2 returns into the boiler so basically can not be fitted to external (normal practice) controls. I have to say yet again worcester have let me down what a pile of rubbish. people may think well you should of investigated further which i somewhat agree but why is this CLEARLY? not stated it actually says on the website "optional" (being the key word for me) diverter kit to be fitted.

Installed the 3rd gen nest instead.

Anybody else had a similar unpleasant experience?

Hi,

This is a slight rant.

A few weeks ago i fitted the above boiler, upgraded the system from gravity fed etc to s plan sealed. client was after the wave stat which i thought would be no problem until the electrician came to wire the new system up. Upon further investigation numerous phones calls i then found out you have to buy a diverter kit for the system for the sat to work and having to run 2 returns into the boiler so basically can not be fitted to external (normal practice) controls. I have to say yet again worcester have let me down what a pile of rubbish. people may think well you should of investigated further which i somewhat agree but why is this CLEARLY? not stated it actually says on the website "optional" (being the key word for me) diverter kit to be fitted.

Installed the 3rd gen nest instead.

Anybody else had a similar unpleasant experience?

if you read on the Worcester website it tells you which boilers are compatible

https://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/products/boilers/directory/greenstar-i-system-9kw-to-24kw

evens says

Wave Compatible * (*With installation of optional built-in diverter valve)

Last edited:
Yeah it will catch you out if your not familiar with the Worcester controls, same as any other boiler makes... That's why I stick to one manufacturer, it's easier!

Luckily you plumbed up as a normal s plan so easy to fix :)

I don't understand why you wouldn't check compatibility or the installation instructions of the control if you weren't familiar with it. The website makes it clear that you need to purchase the internal diverter kit for it to work on that boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester isystem boiler 24kw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I’m new here and due to have a new boiler fitted. Does anyone have recommendations or thoughts on either the Worcester 8000 40KW Combi or the Baxi 40kw Platinum or the Valliant EcoTec Plus 838. The Worcester is the most costly but I’m happy to pay more if it means a better boiler (long term...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have just bought a google nest 3rd gen thermostat to be connected opentherm. I currently have the baxi ifos rather comp fitted. I was told that it was either one or the other, but baxi technical dept have said I can wire an opentherm controller alongside the ifos system. Boiler is...
Replies
Views
Hi Fitted a new out the box’s boiler today. It worked for 30 minutes. Then stoped and went to fault codes 2965 B Flow temperature too high ▶ System is not filled with water. ▶ No water flow,because CH system is closed. ▶No water flow, because pump is not operating correctly. ▶ Check flow...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The issue is quite simple to repair not sure why any one of the 2 plumbers could not fix it. Why am I paying for cover. The auto air vents in part of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock