Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Heatslave II how to turn off DHW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have recently had a Worcester Heatslave II 18/25 combi installed in my kitchen
After installation I told the installer I don't use the hot water and how to turn it off to save energy. He said just put it into Eco mode but not to turn down the DHW temperature on the boiler. I have read the function of the Eco mode but wouldn't it be more economical to turn the temperature right down ? I would like to be able to turn the DHW off completely to save energy.
In the boiler instruction booklet for DHW it says it is recommended that the boiler is timed off with the programmer over night or when the home is unoccupied. My boiler came with a Honeywell CM700 wireless programmer which just seems to control the boiler on or off with no separate control for DHW.

Last edited:
Don`t use the hot water at all?
My boiler came with a Honeywell CM700 wireless programmer which just seems to control the boiler on or off with no separate control for DHW.
A quick google say`s 7 day programmer for on/off and heating temperature. Have a read of the boiler manual.

Just turn temperature completely down...I don't believe you can completely shut the hot water off as it's stored tank needs to be upto temperature before giving priority to heating.

Ok I will try just turning it down although I don't know why the installer told me not to do this and to just use the Eco mode. I could get a twin channel programmer but I would rather just switch it off the DHW. I think maybe there is a link on the board I could remove to disable DHW. Thanks for your replies

Screen Shot 09-23-18 at 11.10 AM.JPG

Last edited:

Reply to Worcester Heatslave II how to turn off DHW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the boiler has started to stay on all the time. My usual engineer took a look at it and advised me to contact the manufacturer. I then had an engineer from...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks I'm wondering anyone here, has any indepth knowledge on the Worcester Heatslave Combi Boiler. This boiler is quite old (2006) but it has been very reliable, and also runs at superb efficiency when tested, regularly serviced etc. The boiler is in a very old stone cottage (built 1791)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock