Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Heatslave 15/19 No Red Light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

welshcob

Hi Guys,

I hope some one can hep me PLEASE, I have a Worcester Heatslave 15/19, yesterday the hot water light wouldn't switch on with the programmer set to on the red light next to the LCD screen doesn't illuminate, there is no hot water, my cold water pressure is good, the water pressure from the hot tap is good I have a 1 bar pressure on the gauge, the 2amp fuse on the PCB is OK, I had my son to turn on the hot water tap & I can hear a clicking sound coming from the top of the boiler as the hot water tap is turned on, would that indicate the flow switch is OK, if that's the case might it be the PCB is there any way of testing it before I go out & buy one, I've had no problems with lock outs, in fact the boiler has been running great for the past couple of years, I left it over night so that the system is cooled down & it's still the same, I have plenty of oil, the water pressure is at 1 bar, there is no rumbling noises coming from the boiler, the water pump & diverter valve are about 2 years old, I live in a soft water area.

Welshcob

Hi IDCHAPPY,

I wish it was that simple as the time clock, the time is good on it, the boiler works OK on the CH, it's just no hot water the red light next to the LCD screen doesn't illuminate.

Welshcob

Stop playing inside an oil appliance you know nothing about.

If you are prepared to spend pcb money then just bring in a competent engineer who can fault find without the need to chuck parts at it.

Safer and cheaper in the long run.

agree with SG as its pointless playing at being a technician, same as I wouldnt bother to flip my bonnet nowadays to see why the van wont start, too many electronics to go wrong.

It's not the pcb. Save yourself a fortune and get an oftec bod in as you shouldn't be playing anyway. Oil is as dangerous as gas. If your messing around you probably don't get it serviced either. A dead family isn't something and oftec engineer can fix, but he can fix your boiler before you kill yours!

I like the Darwinian theory of survival of the fittest and ones with a brain, so much better dealing with custards who know nothing about their broken boiler

There where times when the Darwinian theory didn't work!!!!

No oftec engineer needed & I did save myself a fortune, it was the programmer, a 5 mins job to unplug & plug a new one in, it was as easier than changing a 3 pin plug.

Welshcob

No oftec engineer needed & I did save myself a fortune, it was the programmer, a 5 mins job to unplug & plug a new one in, it was as easier than changing a 3 pin plug.

Welshcob

We'll remember this the next time you ask a question.

Wont have saved that much. It's taken you a week to sort something that would have taken less than half an hour. Plus you've paid retail for the clock.

I find most tools useful, but there's always an exception.

I wish it was that simple as the time clock,

so you did need an engineer to put you in the right direction after 6 days.

Welshcob
I hope you thanked IDChappy who suggested that right from the start (that suggestion you poopoohed) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Heatslave 15/19 No Red Light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock