Discuss Worcester heatslave 15/19 bleed problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yan

Hi, I drained down the system and changed a radiator at the w/e. The system is now re-pressurised but when I try to run the boiler it shuts down after 5mins. The inlet pipe to the pump is very hot as is the pump but the outlet pipe to the diverter valve is cold. The pump seems to be running ok as you can hear it and it changes speed when the speed control swt is moved, but it seems its not pumping any water. Could it be air in the pump still or maybe the impellor has broken? Tried using the chrome screw in the centre of the pump to bleed it to no effect. Are there any ways of bleeding it?

The burner is working fine and there is no lockout.

Any help would be most appreciated
Thanks

Hi Yan

Welcome to the forum, Take off the top panel of the boiler and on the pipework and top boiler itself you will see 3-4 bleed screws, open with radiator vent key to let out trapped air. I can't remember off the top of my head how many there are but just vent them all.

Thanks for the reply.

Is it normal to have to bleed these three after a drain down and are they easy to see? Do my symptoms sound like air in the system?

Cheers...

Thanks for the reply.

Is it normal to have to bleed these three after a drain down and are they easy to see? Do my symptoms sound like air in the system?

Cheers...

i think a oftec/gsr would no more

Yes it is normal. The heat exchanger on these boilers can airlock really easy

Normal if drained from the boiler, and yes very obvious- there is one above the plate heat exchanger and another on the main boiler body and I think another on pipework 22mm, auto air vent on storage

Make sure the plastic screw on the auto air vent is in the open position

Hi, Thanks for your help, all seems to be working fine.

I bled all three rad type screws and that did the trick. Wasnt sure about the auto air vent as there are two schrader valves, one on the red exp tank and another on a brass unit. How come when you remove the chrome screw on the pump you dont get mains pressure water, thought you could only remove this when there was no pressure? I did remove it and just had a trickle of water come out. Is it a good idea to put a screwdriver in the hole, could you not damage the impellor? Assume you have to flick the pwr on and some water will come out of the hole as it spins up?

Thanks...

Auto Air vent is the "brass unit", with the pump just loosen the screw untill you get a trickle of water that lubricates the pump shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester heatslave 15/19 bleed problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back