Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Heatslave 12/14 Hot Water Isssues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pritch123

Hello all, my first post hoping anyone can help.

I have a Worcester Heat Salve 12/14. The ball pump valve started leaking and the pump packed up and the 3.15 AT fuse blew! So I replaced them all.

Water is pumping around the system and I have no leaks. However, when I started the system up the boiler kicked in and all was well. I turned on the hot water tap and got about 3-4 seconds of hot water then it ran cold.

It seems that the burner starts up and overheats quickly. If I leave the boiler for 20mins the burner will start again. I'll get 3-4 secs of hot water then cold again.

Seem to be going around in circles? The motorised diverter valve went just before the pump and has been in the hot water position since. Not too much of an issue as we have dual fuel log burner.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Shaun

Need to know whats getting hot and overheating etc.
Is the main water jacket overheating? Is the slave tank getting hot enough?
Air in the system? or waterpump air locked?

Air, air and more air.

Did you vent the pump, did you open the manual air taps on the pipework within the boiler?

Pump valve fully open?

do you get it serviced every 12 months to prevent some of the problems mentioned.

Thanks for getting back to me. I've a bit of an update. I replaced the diverter valve and the actuator and vented the pump. Actually to be honest I was told the problem was the diverter valve by the guy who services it. He was going to come back and sort it. Having looked at a few forums it seemed a reasonable straight forward part swap. I purchased the two new parts today but thought I would clean the valve and try it before I fitted new. It appears the old actuator and valve are working fine. However still no hot water heating is working fine though? Where are the manual air vents and how long should a vent the pump for? Thanks again for your help.

..I was told the problem was the diverter valve by the guy who services it. He was going to come back and sort it. Having looked at a few forums it seemed a reasonable straight forward part swap. I purchased the two new parts today but thought I would clean the valve and try it before I fitted new. It appears the old actuator and valve are working fine.
I love customers who take the suggested diagnosis as free advice, then cut the engineer out. I think you need to call him back and ask him what you should do next.

I love customers who take the suggested diagnosis as free advice, then cut the engineer out. I think you need to call him back and ask him what you should do next.

With respect I have to say I've used the guy every year for servicing and repairs since inheriting the boiler with the house and his advice wasn't free as I was charged a call out fee and the time it took him to do whatever he did. Nonetheless his diagnosis appears incorrect so I'm entitled to save myself some money and attempt a repair myself if possible.

Which diverter was it?

Very unusual to have to replace head and body. Me thinks the engineer was wiser beyond his years :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Heatslave 12/14 Hot Water Isssues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock