Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 28i leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonlight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Worcester.jpg
I went to complete a landlords gas safety check Friday and found a couple of leaks on this boiler. One was the automatic air vent the other? See the picture. Is this the heat exchanger that has failed or just the seal? I haven't taken it apart as yet I have to report back to the landlord and give him a rough idea of cost.

Thanks in advance

Gasket by the looks of it
How old is the boiler?
Has it ever been properly serviced?

This is my first visit, why do I always get the jobs where someone has failed to do theirs properly?

I thought that might be the case.

Probably because they aren't easy to take apart and nobody wants to pay for a proper job

Looks like its from above as others have said just needs a proper service and a new seal either way I would advise it, when the gasket goes you usually get stuff forming between he HE and the plate.

Didn't worcester have issues with water coming in so they moved the gas valve connections higher (purple wires?) so water didnt trip it and put a guard over the fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 28i leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock