Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 25i combi boiler and water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi this my first posting and I hope someone can help!?
My elderly parents' water/heating/immersion system kept going wrong and they had to keep getting up in the loft to reset things. Anyway, I didn't want them getting into the roof at their age so I arranged a quote from their gas/electricity supply. They put as in touch with the installers who arranged to come out and give us a quote with to have a Worcester Greenstar 25i combi boiler and they would do necessary work, take out immersion tank etc.

This has all been done, completed and paid for but from the beginning and the last 2 weeks the pressure of the hot ater is significantly lower everywhere and cant have hot bath tap running and hot bathroom basin tap on at the same time and it takes ages to fill the bath.

We have had water authority out and they have done pressure/flow tests and say that its all fine up to my parents boundary and drops down to .5 Bar working with 8 LtM at their stopcock. The installers came out and checked and said that all was working fine (Heating radiators is really good and pressure on the boiler ok.

The query I am trying to ask is where or who does the fault lie with and can the water flow be increased?

Combi boiler syndrome. You wont get much more than 8 litres a minute of hot water. Get used to running the bath slowly.

Really?! Even if its really really slow and bath takes forever to fill with no other taps on in the house I cant do anything about it?

Should have had a bigger boiler fitted. But combi's are crap. We have one and it takes a good twenty minutes to run the bath. My personal preference is heat only and unvented. But you dont have the flow. You could look at getting the mains upgraded from the boundary but you wont get much more than what you already have. I dont do gas, only oil, but there is always a conversation over water flow, especially at the bath tap and oil combis are better than gas. Shame nobody had that conversation with you before you started.

Yes I wish I did have that conversation but the surveyor did not say anything. Big company selling the wrong stuff to its customers?!?! :nono:

Could be you internal stop tap restricting flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 25i combi boiler and water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off. I've attached a short video of the sound. It isn't constant, it seems to happen within the first 10 mins of the boiler starting up, then you won't...
Replies
Views
I recently had an eco tec plus 836 combi installed as part of an oil to gas conversion. One thing I can’t work out is why the bathroom sink hot water flow is 12-13L per minute with at 44c and even hotter. However the nearby bath freestanding tap is 8-9L per minute at this temp. Both taps...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just had a "Main Eco Compact" combi boiler installed as the Biasi one failed. It seems to work fine, gives a hot bath, i dont ever use the radiators or kitchen hot tap. (no point in upping the landlords gas bill for no reason) On day 4, the pressure is below 1. I filled it back up to >1, but...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Hi everyone, Gas combi Boiler Mains fed in all taps and shower How do I balance the water pressure in all faucets in my flat. Every tap/water faucet is mains fed but the cold water is really strong in every tap that if I open the tap fully it flies out like a fountain but the hot water is not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock