Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester danesmoore 15/19 oil boiler pump leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alewis3351

Hi all, ive got a Worcester danesmoore 19/19 oil fired boiler which is leaking kerosine through the side wall of the solenoid located on top of the oil pump when in use. Does this mean the solenoid is at fault or is it the kerosine pump at fault? Any advice much appreciated, and also how much is this likely to cost.
Thanks in advance
lewis

It means the solenoid valve is probably leaking
What type & age is the oil pump? It would normally be advisable to change the entire pump, & it may be fairly old I guess. Price of it would depend on who's doing the work but oil pumps are not too expensive. Would recommend you consider having the boiler serviced (if needed) & the combustion set when a new pump is fitted.

Agreed whilst you can get replacement solenoid stems probably better getting the pump replaced.

Also unless you has the required pressure gauge and flue gas analyser don't replace it yourself.

Agreed whilst you can get replacement solenoid stems probably better getting the pump replaced.

Also unless you has the required pressure gauge and flue gas analyser don't replace it yourself.

Thanks for the help guys. The pump is approximately 12 years old and seems as if there's a fault with the pipe that the solenoid locates onto. Can these be purchased or is it best to change the whole unit.
Thanks

Replace the pump. The solenoid on its own is about 2/3 the cost of the pump anyway and as the pump is 12 years old it's knocking on a bit ......... Heating World of Spares do these pumps at a good price, £36 .

Is it an old MSLA or a BFP pump?

Last edited:
Thanks for the help :) got a new danfloss BFP 41 on order ready for fitting within the next couple of days.
Cheers guys

Who's fitting it?

Agree. Advise new pump is fitted by someone who is going to set the oil pressure, check & perhaps service entire boiler including oil tank & filters & uses a smoke pump & analyser to set the combustion. Easy to just fit a pump but more to it. Not to do this can be a waste of oil, besides the lack of safety checks.

Definitely agree with best the fuel pressure on the new pump will definitely NOT be correct out of the box. Will need setting up (and the combustion which is related)

I didn't read all the posts and assumed the poster was a tech.

It is impossible to fit the pump unless you can measure and adjust the pressure and the air / fuel combustion settings correctly.

At current oil prices, even a slight correction in combustion setting will save a lot of money, but the public think they are saving money fitting a pump themselves.
Think of it this way, - oil boiler soot is a brilliant insulator & you can waste a massive % of oil even if only a couple of mm soot inside the boiler shell, & risk destroying the baffles. Then, the opposite is also the same, bit too much air to oil mix & the shell may remain clean always but burner is not burning the oil fully & oil is lost through the flue gases, - hence the pure oil smell you get outside on any that are wrongly set.
Even on modest oil consumption with a small house if your burner was only slightly wrong setting, you would save perhaps in a year £100 + if an engineer set the burner.

Last edited:
Hi all, definitely not settin this pump up myself as it would cost a fortune in test equipment, and I have little experience in this field of work. Getting my usuall boiler engineer to complete the job safely as I regularly see the effects of when things go wrong in my line of work.
Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester danesmoore 15/19 oil boiler pump leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
L
Camray 5 (90A) (20 year old) oil boiler, had a noisy fan on the boiler so investigated, just a bit of dirt in the casing however, having removed the burner unit I replaced the Burner Nozzle no problem, old was very dirty and sooty. Found the boiler wouldn't fire up. SO rather than than mess...
Replies
Views
Lincoln22
L
Hi. I’m new here and due to have a new boiler fitted. Does anyone have recommendations or thoughts on either the Worcester 8000 40KW Combi or the Baxi 40kw Platinum or the Valliant EcoTec Plus 838. The Worcester is the most costly but I’m happy to pay more if it means a better boiler (long term...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock