Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Danesmoor WM12/19 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

holmes571

Been called out to this boiler today with intermittent loss of flame, but never cutting out to reset. De-aerator if full of air bubbles so cutting out put down to air in the oil. I have checked the oil line which is about 4 meters of 10mm all above ground and there are no leaks in the line. The de-aerator looks fairly new, customer says about 4 months old, and ive checked flexible connections to pump and pump to nozzle connection and cant find a leak there. Anyone got any ideas of what could be causing so much air in the oil supply.

Many thanks

What did you use to check the supply line with pressure or sight - have you got a temporary fuel supply you could use to rule out supply line - what about the pump body seals ?

May not be visible il leaks, but sucking in air.

Also oil line maybe to large

Check all connections between tiger loop/ De-aerator, possibly remake all joints as its sucking in air and may not show as a visible oil leak

Assuming the above has been checked, use your Rothenberger pressure test pump on the fuel line. You will quickly find the leak. Far quicker than messing about trying this and that.

You won't find an oil leak if you look at it as it is running as the line is in suction and the air is leaking in not the oil leaking out.

Is there a wheel head fire valve as these are often a culprit?

Sometimes you get a bad flexi oil line coupling. Check here too.

Last edited:
Many thanks for replies, i will be renewing oil line on Tuesday when I go back as it is poorly installed and only a short length. It does have a wheel head fire valve so i will remove that to check and I can then replace if needed as I carry them on the van.

Many thanks

Don't forget your pressure test pump (a requirement in any case if you are following the OFTEC installation instructions (and also for ticking off the box on the CD10 for your new line)). Maybe its coals to Newcastle but I know of at least 2 competitors of mine who never pressure test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Danesmoor WM12/19 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock