Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Danesmoor Wallhung in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixServices

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to the above boiler to do a service as requested but I stupidly forgot to test fire it before I pulled it apart.

Gave it a clean out, new nozzle and new oil lines.
Then when I fired it up it was stop start stop start then eventually locked out.
Checked the oil tank and there is plenty of oil and no contamination. (Brand new filter)

cant get any pump pressure. So changed the oil pump.
New oil pump fitted (although doesn't seem to be the exact same model even though part numbers are right as it's not got pressure and vacuum ports on the front.
Still the same.

Swapped the tiger loop (above burner) over quickly and still locking out. Just can't get any oil through it.
Cant check the pump pressure though as the test port is on the underside of the new oil pump.

Am I being really thick as it must be something really simple. Just every time I go there it's like 5-6 at night and dark and my brain is frazzled.

Cheers for any suggestions.

Really need to get the gauge on, even if you have to drop the burner out to get it on.

Any fuel in the tiger loop ?

Get yourself in the arms as well. Plenty of posts to qualify.

Have you got single pipe system from the oil tank ? Did you bleed the system ? Did you change any settings on the air shutter? I assume the right nozzle is installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Changed the plastic coupling. And solenoid as always change them at the same time.
No oil at all in the tiger loop. Can't seem to get the system primed.

Will drop the burner out to get the gauge on, if I can.

Single pipe from tank to firevalve and then into tigerloop.

Changed the plastic coupling. And solenoid as always change them at the same time.
No oil at all in the tiger loop. Can't seem to get the system primed.

Will drop the burner out to get the gauge on, if I can.

Single pipe from tank to firevalve and then into tigerloop.

You will need to make sure you have got a steady oil flow. release the fuel bleed port and place a suitable container beneath.Put the programmer on to heating and hot water and allow the burner to run through to lockout.
wait a couple of minutes and reset the burner control box.
do it a couple of times or until a steady stream of oil, without air.

Check oil hoses are done up tight and right way around or tiger wont prime.
Ive done it myself!

you could also try with a bucket filled with oil and using that as the tank if you like...just to see whether it's related to a supply issue

Went to the above boiler to do a service as requested but I stupidly forgot to test fire it before I pulled it apart.

Gave it a clean out, new nozzle and new oil lines.
Then when I fired it up it was stop start stop start then eventually locked out.
Checked the oil tank and there is plenty of oil and no contamination. (Brand new filter)

cant get any pump pressure. So changed the oil pump.
New oil pump fitted (although doesn't seem to be the exact same model even though part numbers are right as it's not got pressure and vacuum ports on the front.
Still the same.

Swapped the tiger loop (above burner) over quickly and still locking out. Just can't get any oil through it.
Cant check the pump pressure though as the test port is on the underside of the new oil pump.

Am I being really thick as it must be something really simple. Just every time I go there it's like 5-6 at night and dark and my brain is frazzled.

Cheers for any suggestions.

Any update on that ?

Not been able to get back as it's a charity and they arnt there most of the time. Just waiting on a time when our timetables cross.

Finally got back to this one. Fitted the correct oil pump. Changed a hose that was sucking in air and she is running like a goodun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Danesmoor Wallhung in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock