Search the forum,

Discuss worcester danesmoor 26/32 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bonkersboiler

Early 90s worcester danesmoor has had its insulation stolen by vermin after not being used for some time.

Having cleaned the debris out and checked all wiring and pipework is sound I gave it a test run.

The boiler fired up ok but after approx 20 mins the electricity mains tripped in the meter cupboard (not the boiler trip, but that locked out as well).

I left the boiler till the next day, it will not start, the lock out (on the burner) will re-set ok but the boiler will not fire up. I've got good clean fuel supply at the boiler but when I open the bleed screw and switch on no fuel comes out.

Any help with this problem will be much appreciated.

Somebody stolen your oil?

PS. Welcome to the forum bonkers.

No, as stated good clean oil feed at boiler.

I've got good clean fuel supply at the boiler but when I open the bleed screw and switch on no fuel comes out. [/QUOTE said:
Just wait for an oily to come along later then, I have my own ideas but need an expert to advise you.

sounds like a proper service and recalibration is required, along with at least one replacement part.

gawd when did croppie start typing quickly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the burner motor turning after you press reset?
Oil pumps and motors seize up after being left a few months not going.
I would check if mice have got into burner fan etc, or have chewed at burners wiring

Thanks, I will have a closer look at it tomorrow, I suspect the pump/motor, if the motor jammed and burnt out then presumably this could make the electric trip switch drop out? The only thing that slightly leads me away from this is it did not squeal before stopping, as I would of suspected it to do if seizing up?

Thanks, I will have a closer look at it tomorrow, I suspect the pump/motor, if the motor jammed and burnt out then presumably this could make the electric trip switch drop out? The only thing that slightly leads me away from this is it did not squeal before stopping, as I would of suspected it to do if seizing up?

See post #9

All wiring is good, motor and pump both spin freely. I have removed the motor and put a 13a plug on it to test it in a socket, it seems to start quite lazy and doesn't seem to spin at the 2750rpm it should, it's only a small motor but should it kick in with some umph and spin with a bit of force? (the fan is still attached). Does it sound like it's shot?

If it starts lazy then the capacitor might be faulty, but motor could be faulty.
All you had to do to test the motor was wire the live wire from it in control box to the live coming into control box.

Last edited:
Generally a duff capacitor shows as a split or it is deformed, a weak capacitor can struggle to spin the pump when it is "under load".

check for bits of insulation forced into the blast tube and blocking it
will restrict the airflow through the burner and slow down the motor dramatically

Thanks everybody for your help, new motor fitted and the boiler is working as it should. I now need to re-insulate, will start another topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester danesmoor 26/32 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock