Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch Weather compensation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I'm new here so go canny with me.
Hoping that someone can help with the following concerning weather comp, it is a Worcester Bosch comfort+ll control and in the menu it asks to set these values.These are what my thoughts are, are these correct. I am aiming for around 20c for the room temperature.

TYPE CIRCUIT: conventional heating
LIMITER: no
MAX OUTDOOR TEMP: 10c
DESIRED FLOW TEMP: 60c
BASE FLOW TEMP: 37c
EXTERNAL TEMP: -3c
ROOM INFLUENCE: 18c
I am probably wrong with these, would appreciate any help
Thanks in advance

If you have the programmer below,
Page 14 o the attached gives these settings... so... ( my emphasis)

You might find this too low to shut off the heating, maybe change to 15C
maximum boiler target temp, depends on rad sizing, house insulation etc, probably a bit low.
Minimum boiler target temp, probably OK?.
If your outside rarely if ever goes below -3C then leave it, otherwise change it to ~ -7C to -10C maybe.
You probably require higher room temps so maybe change to 20/21C?

I would initially leave the default setting above, then turn the selector switch (where ever that is) to Type circuit and press confirm, the heating curve will then be displayed, take a screen photo of this and post it
It also shows, below, how to select the type of heating, either rads or UFH.

1706254745121.png

Attachments

• Comfort+_II_RF_Installation_and_User_Manual_240126_070311.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 18
Hi John.g
Thank you for that fantastic information, that has helped me as I have been trying to get my head around this weather comp malarkey.
I do not have my new Worcester Bosch 4000 combi boiler and the comfort+ ll control yet has it is not getting fitted till the end of March, but I have downloaded the instructions for the above and I have also ordered the Worcester Bosch comfort + wireless outdoor weather sensor to complete the set up.
I have been reading all the instructions and when I came across the info about setting up the WC just got me thinking how it would work.
I have paid upfront for the boiler and controls and the labour and it is booked in for the end of March hoping that the weather will be a bit warmer. The company didn't give me the option of a WC so I have ordered one just incase they might not fit the WC and i might have to fit it myself and because it is wireless it should make that part easier for me to fit, so hence the reason I asked the question about setting it up.
Once it is fitted I can post a photo of what you have asked for, and thanks again for the time and effort that you have put in to help me.

Seems got it wrong, weather comp reduces water temp, I tried it manually, and it altered the relationship between rooms, so hall still heated up the same, but living room did not heat as much, so rather useless.

Seems got it wrong, weather comp reduces water temp, I tried it manually, and it altered the relationship between rooms, so hall still heated up the same, but living room did not heat as much, so rather useless.
If the system is designed correctly and the same standards used throughout, it should work well. Setting it manually won't always give the right results due to temperature fluctuations inside and out.

Hi John.g
Thank you for that fantastic information, that has helped me as I have been trying to get my head around this weather comp malarkey.
I do not have my new Worcester Bosch 4000 combi boiler and the comfort+ ll control yet has it is not getting fitted till the end of March, but I have downloaded the instructions for the above and I have also ordered the Worcester Bosch comfort + wireless outdoor weather sensor to complete the set up.
I have been reading all the instructions and when I came across the info about setting up the WC just got me thinking how it would work.
I have paid upfront for the boiler and controls and the labour and it is booked in for the end of March hoping that the weather will be a bit warmer. The company didn't give me the option of a WC so I have ordered one just incase they might not fit the WC and i might have to fit it myself and because it is wireless it should make that part easier for me to fit, so hence the reason I asked the question about setting it up.
Once it is fitted I can post a photo of what you have asked for, and thanks again for the time and effort that you have put in to help me.

the wc sensor is not compatible with the comfort series you want the sense 2

Hi
I got my Worcester Bosch 4000 boiler and the Worcester Bosch Comfort+ ll RF control unit fitted today and I am trying to set up the weather compensator and I am struggling with the settings on the control unit with the room influence as it does not show temperatures but a 0? to 10?, I enclosed a couple of photos of this setting. Do you know what they mean?

The weather sensor is the Comfort+ wireless part no.7738112343 and it is definitely compatible with my control unit as it is working.

Attachments

• 20240327_194209_074747.jpg
    20240327_194209_074747.jpg
    818.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240327_194317_074847.jpg
    20240327_194317_074847.jpg
    806.2 KB · Views: 12
Hi
I got my Worcester Bosch 4000 boiler and the Worcester Bosch Comfort+ ll RF control unit fitted today and I am trying to set up the weather compensator and I am struggling with the settings on the control unit with the room influence as it does not show temperatures but a 0? to 10?, I enclosed a couple of photos of this setting. Do you know what they mean?

Yea you won’t see above comment not compatible it’s basically above x temp heating doesn’t turn on as true weather comp has a graph and modulated the flow temp to the external temp

Room influence is an offset for like thermal heating in the day eg big window or door with sunlight etc so pre heats the room etc

Last edited:
Try this

Max outdoor 20
Desired flow temp 60 at -3
Max 45 at 15

See how you get on

Thanks I'll try those but I am bamboozled by those strange numbers (photos) and for which one that I actually put in

Leave the room influence at 0

Thank you, can you tell me why particularly the 0 setting.

Because you don’t need an offset for example if you put 10 in the room temp would be 20 when the stat is reading 10c it’s for solar gain and the boiler would turn off at 10c

If you have the programmer below,
Page 14 o the attached gives these settings... so... ( my emphasis)

You might find this too low to shut off the heating, maybe change to 15C
maximum boiler target temp, depends on rad sizing, house insulation etc, probably a bit low.
Minimum boiler target temp, probably OK?.
If your outside rarely if ever goes below -3C then leave it, otherwise change it to ~ -7C to -10C maybe.
You probably require higher room temps so maybe change to 20/21C?

I would initially leave the default setting above, then turn the selector switch (where ever that is) to Type circuit and press confirm, the heating curve will then be displayed, take a screen photo of this and post it
It also shows, below, how to select the type of heating, either rads or UFH.

View attachment 86760
Hi
I have now had the boiler installed and I have done the settings but the room influence does not show what I expected so I have set this to 0 which I was advised by another forum member.
The user manual is a bit misleading where it says: "Turn selector to Type Circuit and press to confirm. The display displays the type of the heating curve that has been programmed"
This does not show a actual heating curve but relates to the type of heating I have.
e.g. conventional heating (which I have set) or under floor heating so I can not take a screenshot.

Hi
Reminder of what I have:

Worcester Bosch Greenstar 4000 combi boiler
Worcester Bosch Comfort+ ll RF controller
Worcester Bosch wireless Weather Compensator

I am really struggling with the settings regarding the weather compensation, these are my revised settings:

TYPE CIRCUIT: conventional heating (Unchanged)
LIMITER: no. (Unchanged)
MAX OUTDOOR TEMP: 15c. (Changed this from 10c)
DESIRED FLOW TEMP: 65c. (Changed this from 60c)
BASE FLOW TEMP: 37c. (Unchanged)
EXTERNAL TEMP: -3c. (Unchanged)
ROOM INFLUENCE: 0.Kelvin ( I have tried various settings 0 to 10)

What I find is happening is if for example I set the room thermostat to auto and temperature at say 19c and the boiler to switch on and off at the time settings, it is switching on and off but the temperature just keeps slowly rising to say 23.5c ignoring my target setting, I end up having to switch the boiler off. Surely the boiler should automatically switch off when it reaches around 19c. in this example. The weather sensor is in communication with control as it is showing the outside temperature in the info settings. Also it lets me enter into the weather compensation settings ( if it was not connecting to the weather compensation it would not show in the settings) I have tried different settings with the Room Influence from 0 to 10 K but the temperature just keeps rising. (I have also noticed that the boiler has settings for weather compensation in the manual but it is not showing in the settings on the boiler, I am assuming this would only show if it had the wired weather compensation connected?)
Am I missing something obvious?

Last edited:
Best phone Worcester tech up and ask them as you might need to set it up on the boiler

Hi ShaunCorbs
I have spoken to the someone in the technical department and explained my problem and he said he would have to get someone from the Comfort Control side to ring me, so I will just wait for there call.

Hi ShaunCorbs
I received a phone call from a Worcester Bosch technician this morning and he talked me through what the settings should be on the Comfort+ll RF and the boiler settings based on how many radiators I have and how much the house is insulated. He basically told me to have the boiler temperature at 82°c and the heating set to 50°c (lowest it would go). Roughly 1.5 KW per radiator for which I have 8 radiators so that should add up to about 12kw which is about half of what the boiler can output. The weather compensation set at the following:

TYPE CIRCUIT: Regular
LIMITER: No
MAX OUTDOOR TEMP : 15°c
DES FLOW TEMP: 65°c
BASE FLOW TEMP: 30°c
EXT TEMP: -3°c
ROOM INFLUENCE: 0 kelvin

He said that should improve things but I still might need to tweak temperatures slightly as it is difficult to get it right first time.
The boiler settings for the weather compensation do not show in the settings because it recognises that I have the Comfort+ll installed so that it doesn't clash with any other settings.

Last edited:

Reply to Worcester Bosch Weather compensation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock