Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch Oil Combi Heatslave 26/32 replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mitchino

Our 14 year old WB Oil Fired combi has sprung a leak, engineer says either in the Heatslave tank or the boiler tank. He says it's not worth repairing.

There's an unused 26/32 for sale on ebay at the moment.

Our model has a conventional flue, with silencer kit fitted. The flue exits straight out of the back of the unit through a wall.

The one on ebay is a room sealed balanced flue model, and it is being sold without a flue.

My questions are, would I be able to swap the ebay one for ours, what would I need to have it installed and what extra kit/parts would be required?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that before you get answers to your question you should get an OFTEC engineer to look at your boiler, also you should see if there is anyone that will fit a used boiler for you, I personally wont because there is no back up with anything going wrong (and it probably will) with new you just go to the point of purchase or the manufacturer.

Sorry if this is not the answer you are looking for.

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer. It has not been used. It's an unsold model still in it's box. I just need to know if in principle it's a possible swap, being the same model but with a room balanced flue rather than conventional.

In principle no. All new installs have to be fitted in accordance to regulations. And be of the new condensing type, unless you can find a cowboy to do it, but that will cost more in the long run.

Thanks for your answer. It has not been used. It's an unsold model still in it's box. I just need to know if in principle it's a possible swap, being the same model but with a room balanced flue rather than conventional.

My fault, not reading the original post thoroughly

Last edited:
No. New boilers do not have to be condensing. There is paperwork to complete, but you are still legally able to install a standard efficiency boiler.

I dont agree with it, but we should be giving people the correct info.

Thanks guys, according to WB the new greenstar equivalent is 92.8% efficient, heatslave is 82.5%, so it's not that bad compared with a condensing model.

Is it possible to swap a room balanced flue version for a conventional flue version?

you cant use the balanced flue for the new boiler, so would need a new flue

but in short yes, but you need other bits like flue etc

You need to find out if a balanced flue can fit where you are. Check all the parts are there for your install because you probably can't get other flue parts. (Check with Worcester) get an engineer to assess the situation and if they would install it. Then check with building control if they will allow a non-condensing install. (Usual answer is no unless a condensing cannot be fitted)

No. New boilers do not have to be condensing. There is paperwork to complete, but you are still legally able to install a standard efficiency boiler.

I dont agree with it, but we should be giving people the correct info.

My understanding is that you can only fit a non condensing boiler if you can't physically fit a condensing boiler. But I could be wrong.

With grants large flue options and a condense pump then you can pretty much fit them anywhere.

Out of interest how much is this oil boiler on eBay? I just had a look and spotted one for ÂŁ1500, is that the one your after? Why would you want to spend ÂŁ1500 on an appliance that has likely been sat in a warehouse for years and will have no warranty on it.

I personally wouldn't fit it. And I don't think you can make the rso into a conventional flued option.

Buy a Grant boiler and then you can buy my vertical balanced flue red system which is up for sale on here and save yourself a few hundred quid!!!!!!!!

My understanding is that you can only fit a non condensing boiler if you can't physically fit a condensing boiler. But I could be wrong.

With grants large flue options and a condense pump then you can pretty much fit them anywhere.

Theres building reg documentation to complete but still allowed a se if required. Did one last year because the building control and heritage people wouldnt allow a new flue.

Theres building reg documentation to complete but still allowed a se if required. Did one last year because the building control and heritage people wouldnt allow a new flue.

but in most places you will have to comply if you want it signed off.

Does comply with building regs documentation completed for using the se booler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch Oil Combi Heatslave 26/32 replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock