Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch Greenstar Heatslave 18/25 Oil Combi Lockout Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GAZZECK

Hi, I'm new to this forum and the question may have been asked previously, but if it has I can't find anything. My problem is that the boiler seems to always "Lockout" during the night and has to be reset in the morning to fire up. Sometimes it fires up briefly then locks out again. When you reset it, it then runs fine for the rest of the day? It has locked out during the day on a few occasions, but resets ok and runs again. It is really infuriating! The boiler has been regularly serviced and recently had a new oill pump motor fitted. It ran for about 2 months without any problems after the new motor was installed but has developed the lockout issue in the last week or two. Any suggestions for my plumber to consider would be much appreciated.

You are getting in an oftec guy are you ?? Then he will be trained and will know what to look for don't worry :smile:

Yes of course he is an OFTEC installer. He is coming back Monday I just wanted some additional input in case he wants some assistance!!

Problem is they lock out for a few reason and without know when / why it locks out is a shot in the dark

You're paying the guy to fix it. If he can't then find someone who can.

Yeah was just gonna say there is nothing worse than turning up to a job and someone saying it's xyz

Yes I checked the troubleshooting manual BEFORE I called the engineer so can see it can be a multiple of things. He's changed several things whilst trying to cure this problem and it worked for about 6 weeks without a problem. It's just started to occur again in the last week or so.

I would strongly suggest trying a different engineer or get WB out fixed cost repair

He didn't sound very confident that he knew what the problem might be so that's why I thought I'd seek the advice of the so called "experts". Just haven't had much constructive comments up to now!

You're not exactly adhering yourself to the people here who are experts in the field, your snippy comments to people who are making constructive comments are going to quickly end with you having no more answers at all

hi
The reason your not getting the advise you want is for two reasons.

1. The engineer should know how yo sort this issue. It is a smile part/ fix for any experienced oil engineer.
2. The way you ask, looks like your doing it yourself. And without experience, a flue gas analyser, and other testing tools. You won't be able to set it to run safely. And for that reason, most on here are reluctant to tell you.
Don't forget we just are normal folk who give advise girl free. In this case please leave it to your engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch Greenstar Heatslave 18/25 Oil Combi Lockout Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Help Please We have a 2005 Worcester Bosch Oil Heatslave 26/32 that is fitted with the optional timer. Recently we have a problem. To get either the heating or hot water to switch on the timer has first to be set for both to be ON but this just prepares the unit as neither will switch on at...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks I'm wondering anyone here, has any indepth knowledge on the Worcester Heatslave Combi Boiler. This boiler is quite old (2006) but it has been very reliable, and also runs at superb efficiency when tested, regularly serviced etc. The boiler is in a very old stone cottage (built 1791)...
Replies
Views
We have an outdoor Worcester Bosch Greenstar 25/32 Oil Fired Combi. We are getting a random lockout fault, code 855 9F. Pushing reset sorts it for a while sometimes an hour sometimes 4 hours. I can't get hold of the engineer that installed it. Is there anything I could try until he responds...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock