Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch 30cdi - no power to the pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KBKC

Home owner here. All was working fine this morning. Now the boiler comes on and quickly runs up to to over 100 centigrade and then cuts out for both CH and HW singly or together. I have checked the power to all the 3 port valves and there is power. There is no power to the pump (a typical red Grundfos unit). The pump does not come on. I know these pumps can fail but I am not convinced it is the pump this time due to the lack of electrical power from the boilder to the pump when the thermostat is at max and the system control is set to supply CH/HW. Does this sound like I need a new PCB or is there another component that could have failed?

The pressure gauge on the boiler is in the green and there is no discharge from the external bleed points for either the unvented cylinder or boiler. The system pressure is fine and there is no significant air in the system - radiators were bled last week and the system topped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch 30cdi - no power to the pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting,. So I have set all the little timer switches to ON and the boiler does work then. Any help or source for a new clock would be great. TIA
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
Worcester Boiler - GREENSTAR 8000 Life - Heating anomaly I have recently noticed when I have lost power to my boiler and power is then reinstated that the Central Heating comes on. Is this the norm?…ALL CH controls are off.
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View: https://youtu.be/Touvx2c3RJE ">this video</a> I took when turning it back on this morning (it had been off overnight) - it shows the behaviour, but if that fails, all the...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock