Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Bosch 24CDi HW demand temperamental in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

albacino

HI there

I'm a newbie here, so go easy on me please!

Recently had a new bathsuite fitted with monobloc basin mixer and bath mixer/shower.
coincidentally, since install, combi HW demand is bit hit and miss. sometimes basin mixer on hot doesn't activate the red light on the boiler, then if i go to bath and open hot, red light comes on.

Bath mixer seems to give hot water better than the basin mixer, but sometime reverts to cold for a minute or so when filling a bath with hot only.

Wife has mentioned that kitchen mixer now not consistent for HW demand too, is something failing or about to fail?

As mentioned above, we have a Worcester Bosch 24CDi. have no problems with central heating, just HW on demand. running at 1.2 bar, goes up to 1.9 bar when central heating on.

Any pointers or advice please?
Cheers.
John

Yes, it sounds like the diaphragm in the diverted valve is beginning to wear.

Diaphragm itself can be replaced, but the diverted valve has to be removed to do this, so it's almost as cheap just to replace the whole thing.

Will take a competent engineer well over an hour to do the job.

It will only get worse, eventually none of the taps will work at all.

There are at least 3 other boiler faults that could cause this, a Gas Safe Registered plumber/heating engineer will test for faults.

You need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a pm to either Gas man or Redsaw who will then check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Bosch 24CDi HW demand temperamental in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock