Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 30cdi system boiler stat settings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Worcester 30CDi system boiler which was installed in September of last year and I am very pleased with it.
I simply would like some advice on setting the boiler thermostat. I use the boiler in conjunction with the Hive timer system and it all works very well.
The owner's guide to how to set the boiler thermostat does not give much detail.
Should I have the stat set at maximum or near maximum and let the Hive stat do all the switching or should I run the boiler at a level of around 65 degrees to run best efficiency for condensing?
There are 12 radiators 4 of which are doubles and there are TRV's on all bedroom radiators and 3 radiators downstairs.

Thanks for your help...

As you use your boiler to heat the domestic hot water the minimum boiler flow temp will need to be 70 degC this allows a difference of 5 to 10 degC between the domestic hot water which should be set to 60 - 65degC otherwise it would not be reached.

To get the most out of your boiler efficiency wise the return water to the boiler needs to be keeper below 53deg C.

So in sort keep the boiler stat turned down as low as you can but so it still heats the rooms to the required temps. I would leave it on 70 and only think of turning it up if it gets very cold outside, then turn it back down when the temp rises.

my advice is always to keep turning it down untill either the water isnt hot enough or the heating doesnt get you warm enough then turn back upuntill comftable this will find the sweet spot between comfort and economy

Thanks very much for your replies..
So would you advise having the boiler working for 2 hours on a lower heat setting or 1 hour on high setting as far as fuel bills are concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 30cdi system boiler stat settings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting,. So I have set all the little timer switches to ON and the boiler does work then. Any help or source for a new clock would be great. TIA
Replies
Views
I have an issue with a Worcester Greenstar 29CDi Classic boiler. I replaced the old thermostat controller with a smart dual-channel HIVE one. I did all the wiring following the diagram in the attached picture. The boiler doesn't work anymore. Please, any suggestions?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
C
I’ve had an Ideal Vogue 32max/gen2 system boiler to a Megaflo fitted a week and running it at Flow temp 73 degrees to getting a return temp of about 55 degrees C, I’m seeing the LCD screen saying the efficiency level is only 25-28%. Has anyone else seen such a low percentage? I know for a fact...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to set up my hot water and central heating systems. Got a gas boiler with a pressure tank and a motor circulating the hot water. There are two wall-mounted time adjustment thingies—one for hot water and heating, and the other for the motor. Oh, and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock